Long time no see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macheteslaststep

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
Wow, haven't been on in almost a year lol. Things have been so busy! Well, figured I'd start popping back on now that the babies are getting huge and I do believe that I got lucky and ended up with a 1:1 pair :D Here are some updated pics from today. Tank is the larger one and male (100% sure of that one) and Doza is the smaller one and almost sure female. Also, is she a blonde or a snow? She's a beige color, thanks!

P.S. - I know the enclosure is a little bare, but I had more cacti/plants in there and well...woke up one day to them all tipped over and gone :rolleyes: Oh well, gonna have to get more soon I guess :p

Saranna

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow, Doza's really pretty! Good to see you back. We've learned some new stuff since your last visit. If you keep your substrate slightly moist, to cause a little humidity in the habitat, it helps them to grow more smooth and not pyramid.

Hint to others: if you click on the picture it gets bigger.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Welcome Back! They are too cute! Congrats on getting them!

Macheteslaststep

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NJ
emysemys said:
Wow, Doza's really pretty! Good to see you back. We've learned some new stuff since your last visit. If you keep your substrate slightly moist, to cause a little humidity in the habitat, it helps them to grow more smooth and not pyramid.

Hint to others: if you click on the picture it gets bigger.

The room that they are in is kind of humid because they share it with the aquatic turtles. The enclosure that the torts are in backs to the 150 gallon rubbermaid open top tub lol. I can start misting the substrate though if it really helps :D I do keep one of the hides humid, and Doza is much smoother than Tank. Unfortunately I had Tank first so he got to go through the trial and error of husbandry on my part :( He seems happy though.

I think she's pretty too, but I may be a little biased lol. So any thoughts on if she is a blonde or not?

Saranna

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Pretty shell colors and patterns! :D

How old are they?

Do they get to play outside as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.