looking for russian tortoise adoption

Elenka

Location (City and/or State)
los angeles
I would like to adopt a russian tortoise. i am in los angeles CA
thank you

Northern California
You'll have to wait a long time for someone on the forums to have a tortoise for adoption in your area, and they might not want to give a tortoise to a new member they know nothing about. Since it's a Russian your looking for, you'd be better off checking local shelters if you want to adopt and not purchase, they get tortoises pretty frequently and those are the torts that really need a home (and they tend to be almost exclusively Russians, at least in my experience)

Elenka

los angeles
You'll have to wait a long time for someone on the forums to have a tortoise for adoption in your area, and they might not want to give a tortoise to a new member they know nothing about. Since it's a Russian your looking for, you'd be better off checking local shelters if you want to adopt and not purchase, they get tortoises pretty frequently and those are the torts that really need a home (and they tend to be almost exclusively Russians, at least in my experience)
Thank you for your reply. I understand. I called local shelters and rescue organizations around and they don't have russian available. i will keep looking

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
did you call pasadena, i am pretty sure they have three russians, they will not tell you it is - they will tell you to stop by and see for yourself, if you are in L.A. as you say - it is only 15 minutes from you, easy parking. the staff knows nothing all the time, so do not waste your time asking questions, they are all cat people ladies in there, reptiles are like aliens to them, but i am positive they have three small tortoises that fit the russian profile, sothere, check them out, let us know, ask if you can take pics. i would do it myself but the drive is a bit longer for me and i have two kids, so i do the best i can:)

Elenka

los angeles
I called Pasadena (it's an hour away) and I was ready to go, but they have 3 red eared sliders and no russians :( Thank you

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
they have lots of turtles and tortoises too, they just will not tell you anything, you have to go for yourself, so it is up to you:)

ZippyButter

10 Year Member!
Texas/Cal.
did you call pasadena, i am pretty sure they have three russians, they will not tell you it is - they will tell you to stop by and see for yourself, if you are in L.A. as you say - it is only 15 minutes from you, easy parking. the staff knows nothing all the time, so do not waste your time asking questions, they are all cat people ladies in there, reptiles are like aliens to them, but i am positive they have three small tortoises that fit the russian profile, sothere, check them out, let us know, ask if you can take pics. i would do it myself but the drive is a bit longer for me and i have two kids, so i do the best i can:)

"they are all cat people ladies in there, reptiles are like aliens to them" really like your statement. LOL:D

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
not a joke:) i went there to adopt a box turtle a while back and while i was waiting they asked me multiple times if i wanted to adopt a couple of cats, that was after i told them i have dogs, old nice ladies, they are volunteers, that is why they know nothing about any animal they hold.