looking for....

Status
Not open for further replies.

teq1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
aspen....in large quantities. Where is the best place to buy aspen? I recently bought an 8 quart (I think that's the size) bag from petco and it was like $8. I'm planning on using this substrate instead of oyster shell and the table size is 4'x3'. So...yeah...I would be spending alot on the aspen if I bought all from petco :p. Any suggestions? If no where else, I'll HAVE to get it from there, but I would rather buy some anywhere else if it will be cheaper. Any comments/suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Have you tried Tyler here?: http://tortoisesupply.com/

What species are we talking about and what age? Aspen is very dry and most species need some humidity. More important the younger they are. If you are housing an adult and don't need any humidity, I like "Sani-Chips" too. Clean and easy. No dust. Easy to replace. Might be easier to find in quantity near you. Feed stores usually either stock it or can order it for you. I pay $8-12 for a 2.0 cu.ft. bag.

teq1

5 Year Member
Texas
Tom said:
Have you tried Tyler here?: http://tortoisesupply.com/

What species are we talking about and what age? Aspen is very dry and most species need some humidity. More important the younger they are. If you are housing an adult and don't need any humidity, I like "Sani-Chips" too. Clean and easy. No dust. Easy to replace. Might be easier to find in quantity near you. Feed stores usually either stock it or can order it for you. I pay $8-12 for a 2.0 cu.ft. bag.

I have 4 egyptians, 2 which are 1 1/2 and 2 years old. The other two are about 3 months old. They don't require much humidity though, maybe about 20-30%. Here where I live (deep south texas) it is always very humid. They are housed indoors, but there's always some humidity no matter what. I've never heard of sani chips. Are they the same as aspen but in chips?

Status
Not open for further replies.