Looking to rehome 2 Hermann's torts in Central FL

Flying Jenny

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have two male Hermann's tortoises that need a good home. They are 6 and 7 years old. The 6 year old (Emerson) came from Abbots Turtle Farm in Brevard County, Florida. He is in good health and has minimal pyramiding.

The 7 year old (Virgil) came from a reptile show in Orlando. Despite our best efforts in raising him, he is a bit of a special needs tortoise. He has claws that are stuck together on two of his feet (doesn't seem to affect him at all) and a bit of a facial deformity. The upper jaw didn't grow as much as the lower one, so his lower jaw grew too long. We took him for surgery several years ago where his lower jaw was trimmed up and he has been fine ever since, he just needs his food chopped up with a food processor as he is not very good at tearing leaves. He was treated by Dr. Sarah Guttery at Cocoa Veterinary Hospital.

I am very sad to give up these torts, but we have a sick baby who demands our attention, so I am looking for a loving home for them. I do not want to put them through the stress of shipping, so looking for pickup only. I'm happy to send pictures if you are interested.

Flying Jenny

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
You can see the torts enclosure here. The picture shows only one light fixture because we were using mercury vapor combo lights at the time. Now there are two fixtures as the mercury lights were very expensive and burned out too quickly.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/forthebirds/3802460634/

Looking for an experienced tortoise handler to take them.

theresal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Terrytown,LA
You did an awesome job with their enclosure and it sounds like you love them very much. I am sorry that you are having to give them up and I hope that you find a great home for them. Also sorry to hear you have a sick child. Good luck to you!