Looks like blood under shell!

crouch3006

Worried for my tortoise! Woke up this morning to find his shell like this :( can some one give me any advice on this please. I am lead to believe he is a Herman and about 3 years old. He used to be active and would forever climb about now he seems to struggle to lift him self up, doesn't use his back legs much and now his shell ImageUploadedByTortForum1396536984.430621.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Last edited by a moderator:

parrotlady

5 Year Member
Take him to the vet! He has a serious problem. Keep him warm and hydrated until you can get him in. Good luck.

amanda8781

Please take him today if you can and good luck! I hope everything works out for the best!!!!

crouch3006

I'm trying to get him across today! Hope he is going to be okay. I will let you all know how he gets on...thank you

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
May we see a picture of the plastron please...also a picture of this tortoise face so species can be id'd...:D

What type of substrate do you use?

crouch3006

I have had Tiddles at the vets today he's had an X-Ray which nothing showed up. It looks like he may have Fallen onto his shell or been dropped (I have young children) but He is moving around ok and eating well. Only advice given was to try and improve his diet and weigh him every week and the colouring should pass over time[OK HAND SIGN][TURTLE]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I was going to say it looked like he had been stepped on, but thought I should hold my tongue.

I hope all goes well for Tiddles.