Looks like it's that time of year!

Tipsy_tortoise

My 2 eastern boxies started out on seperate sides of the yard but Oscar always seems to spot Eloise from a mile away!
Does anyone else have to keep their male boxies away from the females all the time? I hate always keeping him isolated but he's so agressive.

Attachments

• 1463094409825.jpg
    1463094409825.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 32

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Very funny pic :D

I guess male boxies are no different to any other males of any other species. They can be very aggressive in their pursuits and keeping them separately is the only fix.

Don't feel bad about it. They're not social animals and they don't want friends. They don't need, want or particularly like company - except to mate with. In the wild males and females alike will roam large distances, meet up to mate and move on. Keeping them in herds isn't natural to them.

Tipsy_tortoise

Very funny pic :D

I guess male boxies are no different to any other males of any other species. They can be very aggressive in their pursuits and keeping them separately is the only fix.

Don't feel bad about it. They're not social animals and they don't want friends. They don't need, want or particularly like company - except to mate with. In the wild males and females alike will roam large distances, meet up to mate and move on. Keeping them in herds isn't natural to them.

Thanks =) I had a feeling he didn't care one way or another. They both seem to be pretty solitary and like their privacy. I think sometimes I mistake his desire to mate with her with wanting more interaction or attention. I guess he's just super determined lol