Came to a decision....I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macheteslaststep

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
I've come to the decision that I may need to rehome two of the boxies. Five is just getting to be too much to feed/worry about and if one gets sick - to pay the vet. I've decided which two also. One of the new rescues I took in, Eli formally known as Elouise (thanks Danny :p). His ear abcess is completely healed now and he is beginning to hunt on his own. The other one is Eliza formally known as Elvis (again...thanks Danny. Evidently I need to learn how to sex boxies better) who I took from my manager at petsmart 5 years ago. She's had two URI in the first year I had her and we thought we were going to lose her. Now she is thriving and deserves more love than I can spare.

Both of the ones I chose were WC adults, The 3 that I'm keeping are 2 CB females and the WC Juvie male that I rescued with Eli. He has just become too attatched to me and the food I bring. He won't even pick something up off the ground - it needs to be in the bowel or in my hand :rolleyes:

If anyone knows of someone that would give them a great home I would prefer them to go together. I've never shipped a turtle before, but if I'm walked through it in detailed steps I will if it's to someone on here with boxies already.

Thanks for listening to my problems...it just helps to get it out.

Saranna

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I know its always a hard decision to make. What kind of box turtles are they, and where are you located?

OurZoo

5 Year Member
Glendora, CA
Macheteslaststep said:
I've come to the decision that I may need to rehome two of the boxies. Five is just getting to be too much to feed/worry about and if one gets sick - to pay the vet. I've decided which two also. One of the new rescues I took in, Eli formally known as Elouise (thanks Danny :p). His ear abcess is completely healed now and he is beginning to hunt on his own. The other one is Eliza formally known as Elvis (again...thanks Danny. Evidently I need to learn how to sex boxies better) who I took from my manager at petsmart 5 years ago. She's had two URI in the first year I had her and we thought we were going to lose her. Now she is thriving and deserves more love than I can spare.

Both of the ones I chose were WC adults, The 3 that I'm keeping are 2 CB females and the WC Juvie male that I rescued with Eli. He has just become too attatched to me and the food I bring. He won't even pick something up off the ground - it needs to be in the bowel or in my hand :rolleyes:

If anyone knows of someone that would give them a great home I would prefer them to go together. I've never shipped a turtle before, but if I'm walked through it in detailed steps I will if it's to someone on here with boxies already.

Thanks for listening to my problems...it just helps to get it out.

Saranna

Saranna,

First, let me say that there is a fine line between "need to" and "want to", and truthfully I know neither is an easy decision.:( So when you do make the decision, its what's best for your critters.

That being said . . . where are you located, we are in So. Calif.? I too know nothing about shipping live animals, kinda scary huh? What I do have is a new Box Turtle retreat, 9' X 4' and only 1 Ornate Female Boxie (Boxcar Bertha) who spends a great deal of her time partially buried, with just her head sicking out (think E.T. in the closet):rolleyes:.

We've often thought of getting Bertha a friend or 2, and this may be just the right time!

Sandy

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
There is a thread on here on shipping turtles and tortoises.

Macheteslaststep

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NJ
I'm in NJ. So shipping would be a definate to most places unfortunately if I do decide to rehome :( I'm still on the fence. It's just such a hard decision.

Dmmj: I finally found that thread, thanks!

Saranna

Status
Not open for further replies.