Loose scale on my Russians head

Sambeau_uk

Location (City and/or State)
England
My Russian is 11 months old and when I got him up for a bath this morning I noticed a scale on his head. Will it hurt him to pull it off or should I just leave it? This is what it looks like:
(It's just next to his eye)
IMG-20240130-WA0000.jpg

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I just wanted to say welcome to the forum - your baby looks very sweet., and I'm glad you found this place early on, as it is the most helpful and informative one there is.
I live in Devon, and wondered where in England you live.
Best wishes from Angie

Sambeau_uk

England
I just wanted to say welcome to the forum - your baby looks very sweet., and I'm glad you found this place early on, as it is the most helpful and informative one there is.
I live in Devon, and wondered where in England you live.
Best wishes from Angie
Hi Angie,
Thanks for welcoming me! I'm over by Bournemouth.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hi Angie,
Thanks for welcoming me! I'm over by Bournemouth.
You are lucky -or clever- coming to this forum straight away - I wish it had existed 22 years ago, when we first got Zola (he is a Hermanns, by the way) There was very little information around, and we would have done quite a lot differently. Please always ask here if you have any problems or queries - there are some very knowledgable people, who have had many years of research and experience - like Tom and Yvonne - and they are always prepared to help and explain. And lots of people like me, who only know a little, of course !
But everyone really cares about tortoises and isn't trying to show off or make people feel bad if they don't know something.
Angie

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hello and welcome 🤗. Something you might want to do is just clip any parts of it that will poke the baby's eye. But like others have said allow the flake to just fall off at the same time.