Lost and Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Had the most terrible 3-1/2 hours not being able to find my tortoise Penelope in the backyard. It's relatively enclosed but you never know with these smart creatures how they may escape. I was sunbathing her after I soaked her and left her out unattended for longer than I anticipated, being distracted with the event for the afternoon and all. Her normal enclosed side of the yard had a new yellow flower this morning from what looks like Kabocha pumpkin so I wanted to isolate her from that area to check if it was safe before I allowed her to eat it. Thus, leaving her in a main backyard filled with junk. It's those un-routined activity that always throw you off...
After realizing that she went hiding somewhere, I looked around in the adjacent streets to our yard, under the parked cars, and walked around the hood but it just didn't feel like she was out there. I felt worried but I just didn't think she was gone forever. I had to stay calm and took shower to refresh myself. After looking everywhere, all I could was to meditate. It's now 1 p.m. and she came out of nowhere covered in spider web.:D I was prepared to skip the wedding and camp out in the backyard if I did not find her this afternoon. I text'd my husband she was fine and now I can write to you...Thank you angels!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Whew! Thank the tortoise god your tortoise was found!!

armandoarturo

5 Year Member
Mexico
I know how it feels like when you just dont find them..
It has happened to me, as I do have them free in the backyard, but its impossible for them to escape, as theres no way.
One time, cecy, my oldest female tortoise, and my little spoiled one... suddenly disappeared... I was giong nuts searching everywhere for her.
I was really nervious so I had to calm myself, sit dow and think, just like you did haha....
Suddenly I looked at the living room, and saw some weird foot marks, and followed them under the couch... there she was, sleeping happily, away from the hot summer hhahah.

Im glad you did fin her =)

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I lost Nelson in my bedroom once for only a few minutes but it seemed like FOREVER! And I knew there was no way he could have left my bedroom :p
I'm so glad you found her and she's safe and sound :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I'm so happy that you found her. I've never found Izzy, and I know how heartbreaking it is. Winter is coming again, so it will be the second winter she is gone.:(

jdawn

5 Year Member
Southwest
I am also very relieved to hear you had a 'happy ending' in this story! :)

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone! I sure was scared...doubly scared because I just saw a grown Opossum 2 nights ago in our backyard. It crossed my mind that perhaps it got to my tortoise.

Status
Not open for further replies.