LOST RUSSIAN TORTOISE

janetripp

A few days ago while I was out of town my sister took my Russian Tortoise outside and played on her phone for 20 minutes and he walked away. I came home yesterday and was told what happened. A dog tracked his scent to the creek in my backyard last night but couldn't find him. I went out this morning and looked for him in the creek and put up signs but I'm really worried. I live in Columbia, Maryland and my number is 4438892980. If anyone knows anything or has any tips please let me know.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Oh man...that's too bad.

Put up fliers on the utility poles around the neighborhood where the tortoise was lost. Put an ad on craigslist. Go around and knock on your neighbors' doors and let them all know. A lot of times when people find tortoises they don't look for the owner, they either keep it or turn it in to the animal shelter or a rescue group.

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg, MB
Hope you find him. Chances are he crossed the creek. Did you get the dog across the creek? If it hasn't rained, try again. Russians are good swimmers.

May
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

WillTort2

5 Year Member
I'm thinking he has not crossed the creek unless it's quite shallow. Go out early in the morning and see if you don't find him sunning under a low branch or dug in under a tree root.

Good luck!

turtlelou

5 Year Member
I'm thinking he has not crossed the creek unless it's quite shallow. Go out early in the morning and see if you don't find him sunning under a low branch or dug in under a tree root.

Good luck!
I'm hoping this too. Sometimes they stay close.

sj83508

Wish I could help but I don't live anywhere near you!

Where you should you look?:
Somewhere that has lots of greens! ( the park)

Look near the closest woods!

If not call a reptile vet to look out for it!

Try and tempt it back with food!

Or look under you're trees and your neighbours trees / back gardens!

I only know all of this because j read it up IN A BOOK! NOT the internet!