Lurked for a year, time to say Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jas2Cats

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi everyone, I've lurked for a long time, and figured it's about time I introduce myself and my kids.

We live in Northern California. I got Trouble and Double in 2005 as CB hatchlings. I hate to admit it, but, I did everything wrong when I got them, so they both have some pyramiding. From lurking on all the forums, I learned how to care for them properly, and they have lived outside full time and grazed for their food for the last 2 years.

My son and I just finished building them a larger enclosure this weekend and I will be planting more grasses for them again. They weren't very happy with the move even though they still got their heated dog house and coldframe and part of their pasture. Once they got a treat of Mallow with flowers and Dandelion though they decided it will be an OK enclosure.

Next on the list is to build them a great new house that will be good for when they finish growing. I bought plans for a large insulated dog house on line and will be buiding that for them and installing a heater and UV lights for the winter. (If my dogs are lucky, they'll get a new house too).

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Welcome to the forum Alyce

It looks like you have 2 happy tortoises :D

I can't wait to see their pics :D

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Welcome to the forum! A lot of us start out doing things wrong. The good thing is that you researched and are getting things right.

micki

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
uk
hi and welcome to the forum.:)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Glad you stopped lurking. Love the names Double and Trouble. Now I am sitting here wondering what kind of dogs you have......

Status
Not open for further replies.