M.e.p. slowed down on eating

Alena

5 Year Member
Is it mating season? Hotcake has been acting different making strange noises . He has slowed down on eating this week.

I might need to get him to a veterinarian...he is always hungry! He hasn't eaten much these last 3 days .

We are in south Louisiana. It has been raining everyday. Our temperature ranges 95-85 degrees. Very strange for Hotcake not to eat.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
Is it mating season? Hotcake has been acting different making strange noises . He has slowed down on eating this week.

I might need to get him to a veterinarian...he is always hungry! He hasn't eaten much these last 3 days .

We are in south Louisiana. It has been raining everyday. Our temperature ranges 95-85 degrees. Very strange for Hotcake not to eat.
Mine do mating noises all year round and mine are always hungry no matter what. If they dont get fed they graze. If yours isnt eating well I would def go to a vet and get it checked. I never had my guys ever turn away food let alone 3 days . keep us posted !

Kyle

Alena

5 Year Member
Mine do mating noises all year round and mine are always hungry no matter what. If they dont get fed they graze. If yours isnt eating well I would def go to a vet and get it checked. I never had my guys ever turn away food let alone 3 days . keep us posted !

Kyle
He is back to normal eating habits. I'm not sure why he wasn't eating much. Thank you for replying to my post. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to help figure this out.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Did the eating slow down time match Dorian’s approach maybe?
That's a good question, Friday as Dorian passed off to the east of us my tortoises and box turtles didn't come out all day. We didn't get any rain or high winds, it was cloudy and a breeze blew most of the day. I've noticed the barometric pressure plays a big part in tortoise activity over the years by watching Walker my adult sukcata.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
That's a good question, Friday as Dorian passed off to the east of us my tortoises and box turtles didn't come out all day. We didn't get any rain or high winds, it was cloudy and a breeze blew most of the day. I've noticed the barometric pressure plays a big part in tortoise activity over the years by watching Walker my adult sukcata.

Yeah reptiles are beleive to sense the pressure changes possibly in the ear area. I feel a lot of animals have a more sensitive or connection to mother nature that humans loss as we advanced but it is interesting watching animals react to natural events

Kyle