Status
Not open for further replies.

Esopha

5 Year Member
Our cat is named Mac.

IMG_0192.jpg

He's a good cat.

IMG_0195.jpg

For the most part. ("What's that supposed to mean??")

IMG_0194.jpg

He's a pretty bright little monster, too. So we're constantly trying to provide new sources of entertainment for him.

IMG_0200.jpg

He's also spoiled rotten. We take him for walks on the quad, by the biology department's fancy botanic pond so he can chase the turtles and ducks and stuff (he's on a leash, though, so he's never managed to catch anything!) He eats all my plants and likes to jump out at us from around corners. He's lucky he's so darn cute.

I also fostered some kittens over the summer. I'll post pictures of them if there's any interest in adorable foofy kitten faces.

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So. Cal desert
Cute Boy.... looks like he has a bit of siamese?
I'm not a big cat person but I do have one that somehow wormed his way into my home early this year. We named him Maverick ...aka: the resident evil.
He was hanging around my house for awhile and I'd shoo him away. He seemed a bit ... odd. He would come after one of my dogs when we'd come home from a walk. I also witnessed him almost get tagged by a coyote while I was sitting on my front porch. Coyote came out of nowhere, it seemed, and Mav was with an inch of the big guys teeth. Outdoor cats, strays or otherwise, dont last long around here. (listening to them yipping right now as I type)
So one day I walk in the front door and this black cat bolts inside .... my Amer. Pit Bull is right there and they are nose to nose. Now, Mia can be dog aggro so I'm trying to stay calm as we are all frozen in place. Then they both all at once relax, turn and go about their business. Maverick continuing his way inside the house as if he belongs here. Which apparently he does because he is still here.... So far he comes inside way before dark, each and every night so he stays safe while the Cotes are prowling. Sometimes (like tonight) he bugs me to go out but its not going to happen.
Here is the nutty cat in my Olive tree.
DSCN2529.jpg

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Oh he is so cute! He looks like a very inquisitive little guy.
He sounds very spoiled :)

And um, YES we would love to see pictures of the kittens you fostered!! Do you even have to ask?! ;)

Wirewehear- your kitty is gorgeous too! What a great story. I love the big green eyes against the black coat. Very pretty.

M

Maggie Cummings

We always love kitty pictures and stories. I adored both of these...

Esopha

5 Year Member
Wirewehear, your cat looks like such a character! I love his eyes.

Mac does have a little bit of siamese in him, and I think some laxer breeders might consider him an actual siamese. Apparently "flame point" siamese cats are a real thing? He's certainly loud enough to be a purebred.

My foster kittens and Mamacat (her name was originally Sophie, but it was way too confusing to have two Sophies in one house) were taken in from Chicago ACC by a local cat rescue and then given to me. There were six kittens, plus mama. All of them were tabbies, except for Tux, who was a tuxedo kitty. Everybody but Mamacat's been adopted.

Some choice pics:

Mamacat was born to be in the theater!

IMG_0118.jpg

Babies when they first arrived (for scale: that paper bag is just a paper lunch bag)

IMG_0126.jpg

Kittens in paper bags:

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

"You can't use this. It's my bed."

IMG_0145.jpg

Pics at 3 months old:

Couch fort!

IMG_0171.jpg

Dishwasher fort!!

IMG_0183.jpg

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Mac is very cute and he looks very happy :D
Your little kitty are adorable. I do not know why cats love dishwashers and paper bags :D It is so cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.