making the enclosure today, question re bracing

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelloise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Manitoba Canada
Finally we are making the new tort table today! I have a question,,, we are thinking of putting a block of wood in each corner, just for added strength and sturdyness, then sealing it. Good idea or not needed?

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Can't imagine the enclosure but it would def have better support. I used those "L" brackets and they worked really well take up less room then blocks. Either way would work tho for support. Pictures when your done!

TortoiseWorld

5 Year Member
Lisle Illinois
Your asking if it's a good idea to build extra support or sealing it?
If what you seal it with is safe enough for children it should be okay as long as the surface is very cured. I would let the product you sealed it with dry for a week first.
More structure the better, tortoise tables can get pretty heavy especially if you put in things like rocks inside.

tortugatamer

5 Year Member
Texas
Did you use nails or screws? I used screws and I didn't need any bracing. If you used nails I would recommend braces. Or if it seems shaky then use braces or L brackets.

AcidElvis

5 Year Member
I just made mine and used corner supports and screws. It really came out sturdy and strong. I will use this method on anymore table I build.

shelloise

5 Year Member
Manitoba Canada
He ended up buying the "L" brackets for it and put some kind of clear stuff down the seams, doesnt look like silicone to me. I"ll see how it looks in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.