Mary Knobbins

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I have developed some serious health problems and am not capable of caring for someone like Mary anymore, so I am making an announcement that she needs a better home, I cannot care for her much longer. She is very healthy, and is an easy keeper except for the trouble she gets into. You must take her tire as well. She is around 10 years old, we don't really know. She was being kept on the streets of Portland Oregon by the radical group antifa. Some guy grabbed her and brought her down to Corvallis. The Chintimini wild life rescue gave her to me. She is badly pyramided but her new growth with me is smooth. She weighs 40 pounds. She's not very pretty, but she is a great tortoise She will go with some equipment, and some Rose of Sharon starts. I want her to go to the South of Oregon, California or Arizona the south part of the West Coast..she deserves some better weather...
I will make a picture thread so she can be seen.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I have developed some serious health problems and am not capable of caring for someone like Mary anymore, so I am making an announcement that she needs a better home, I cannot care for her much longer. She is very healthy, and is an easy keeper except for the trouble she gets into. You must take her tire as well. She is around 10 years old, we don't really know. She was being kept on the streets of Portland Oregon by the radical group antifa. Some guy grabbed her and brought her down to Corvallis. The Chintimini wild life rescue gave her to me. She is badly pyramided but her new growth with me is smooth. She weighs 40 pounds. She's not very pretty, but she is a great tortoise She will go with some equipment, and some Rose of Sharon starts. I want her to go to the South of Oregon, California or Arizona the south part of the West Coast..she deserves some better weather...
I will make a picture thread so she can be seen.
Oh Maggie - I'm so very sorry - Mary is such an amazing individual, and you are amazing to understand her so well. She may not be exactly pretty, but she has so much character, which is much more important.
I'm very sorry too that your health is such a problem -it really must be, or you wouldn't part from her.
It would be great if you could find someone who would be prepared to keep the forum informed about her progress.
Best wishes to you both from Angie

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Oh Maggie - I'm so very sorry - Mary is such an amazing individual, and you are amazing to understand her so well. She may not be exactly pretty, but she has so much character, which is much more important.
I'm very sorry too that your health is such a problem -it really must be, or you wouldn't part from her.
It would be great if you could find someone who would be prepared to keep the forum informed about her progress.
Best wishes to you both from Angie
Thank you...it's frustrating to be sick...AND losing the very thing you got up in the morning for.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm so sorry you've had to come to that conclusion. I'm hoping and praying you get better quickly too. It really would be wonderful if someone here on TFO could be with her. She's a wonderful funny tortoise and so cute. Then none of us will lose touch with her and her silly 🐢antics 🙏🤗