Maximus saw himself for the first time today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelsamye

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Seattle, WA
And he did not like it! I see the tortoise aggression in person finally! I was trying to take a picture of him with me and he went all gladiator towards the front facing camera. Never seen him so worked up! I managed to get one good shot before he got all worked up though :)

ImageUploadedByTortForum1369792543.969517.jpg

Amy
Sulcata tortoise - Maximus

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cute. Such a little guy for such a tuff attitude. Just think when he's bigger:D He does have pyramiding going on, you do have him housed with humidity of 80% correct? In case you haven't seen them yet, check out Toms threads below.

Nelsamye

5 Year Member
Seattle, WA
wellington said:
Cute. Such a little guy for such a tuff attitude. Just think when he's bigger:D He does have pyramiding going on, you do have him housed with humidity of 80% correct? In case you haven't seen them yet, check out Toms threads below.

Yeah I got him back in march, and he had a lot of pyramiding for such a small tortoise, but since I got him and found this forum I've housed and cared for him properly based on all the great threads here. I finally see some new growth lines and it looks like its coming in nice and smooth!

Amy

Jovski

5 Year Member
Lancashire, UK
How cute :D

I introduced phoebe and george to their reflections as the room their housed in has large mirrors on the wardrobe. Their reactions were hilarious!

tumblr_mm57qtzKen1snjg0lo1_1280.jpg

Phoebe was terrified and hid from it. She just did not understand who this other tortoise was. Now she's very aggressive and will try to bash the reflection and even tried to bite it! George was fascinated. He sat and stared at himself, then turned side on to admire this other tortoise from the side. He’s been going back to look at his new little friend regularly :)

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
That's hilarious! Morticia saw herself in a pot I used to carry water out for her soak the other day and she was riveted to her reflection for several minutes. Eventually she tapped her beak on it a couple times and then walked away.

Nelsamye

5 Year Member
Seattle, WA
Haha I wish I could understand not knowing what you look like and having zero self recognition. He was so aggressive and he's so small! I'll definitely be keeping him away from all shiny surfaces when he's bigger :)

Amy

Status
Not open for further replies.