Mazuri is really Tortoise crack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
I finally order some Mazuri ... And holy cow it's crack! I am not sure how much to feed him, I gave him four pellets soaked and soft. He ate them so fast then went and stood on his rock looking up, like " ok lady, where's the rest?" he wouldn't eat his spring mix after that ... Can he over eat?

Soooo .. my question is how much and how often?
He does have a lower cracked beak and I am taking him every six weeks to the vet to get it dremeled and make sure it is healing ok. I was just worried about him cracking it worse so I thought the Mazuri would be good for him.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
Lol..they do love it...but be careful, or they will eat nothing but. Some people feed twice a week. Just depends on you.

SDDTMama

5 Year Member
I feed my lil' CDT Mazuri twice a week, but I make sure it's on the days I work both my jobs & no one will be around for 10+ hours. He tends to gorge himself on it right when he gets it in the morning & then just sleeps the rest of the day away (I liken it to my behavior after a champagne Sunday brunch or Thanksgiving dinner). Not very fun if I'm home all day & want to take him outside, soak him for an extra long time, & just 'tortoise watch' for hours, but perfect for when I won't be home in case he flips himself or gets particularly bored in his enclosure & just wanders the edges waiting to go outside . . .

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ya, I would only feed twice a seek. That's what most do or recommend. Some do only feed Mazuri. However I wouldn't recommend it. It's not close to natural. But if it works for whoever does it, nothing against them. If you wanted to feed it every day because of his beak. Take the twice a week amount and split it among the 7 days and add finely chopped greens into it. He will think he's getting the prime choice, when really the good stuff is so mixed in, he has to eat it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.