mazuri tortoise trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grogansilver

5 Year Member
I usually buy from a member on here the mazuri tortoise food I actually kind of forgot who it was that sells it? Is there any body that knows any one that sends a free trial? Before I go out and buy a large amount, "just want to make sure these Russians tortoises will eat it! And it doesn't go to waste~ if so PM me!

grogansilver

5 Year Member
grogansilver said:
dalano73 said:
Mazuri sent today...
okay thanks looking out for it!

Dmarcus
I received the mazuri yesterday I'm trying going to mix a little with there lettuce today and see what happens hopefully every thing will go smooth ill get back to you! Have to deal with a hurricane today and tomorrow wish me luck thank you Anthony.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
If the Mazuri isn't accepted, I'd be happy to send you a small amount of Marion Red Tortoise Sticks (one of our members sells it)...the color seems to get torts VERY excited (for that matter, adding a little red food color to Mazuri also can work).

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Make sure to add water to make it moist, and you can also do what Terry said and add a little red food color....Hope they like it..

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
my tortoises has never had mazuri as i can not find any in uk but ive heard alot about th red sticks where can i buy them from?

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
tyler0912 said:
my tortoises has never had mazuri as i can not find any in uk but ive heard alot about th red sticks where can i buy them from?

I get mine from a fellow TFO member, "Coastal"...likely has an ad in our classifieds or contact him @ http://coastalsilkworms.com/store/

(The dude oughtta give me a discount or a T-shirt, as much advertising as I do for him! :D)

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida
Terry- Remind me about this in the next order...

I can ship the red Marion to the UK, just select the option with free international shipping. I ship this stuff all over the world...

I do offer the Red food in two sizes, Mazuri, and 100% spineless cactus all in one place so you just pay one shipping for all the best foods! We also have all the supplies like lights and bulbs and heaters and all that good stuff. I feed everything I sell, you will get great results with the red food. If your thinking about it just get a pound and try it, you will be impressed. Feeding red Mazuri is not the same, completely different food bases.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Does Mazuri offer free samples.. Want to see myself if Tony will eat it before I order it...He sure loves dog kibble..[/i]

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida
Mazuri does not, its only a few bucks though from anyone selling it. I'm sure if you feed dog food Mazuri will be accepted and its much better for them. You should stop the dog food, animal protein is not good. These foods are all plant protein.

grogansilver

5 Year Member
Terry Allan Hall said:
If the Mazuri isn't accepted, I'd be happy to send you a small amount of Marion Red Tortoise Sticks (one of our members sells it)...the color seems to get torts VERY excited (for that matter, adding a little red food color to Mazuri also can work).
Hello every body what a couple days we had here Hurricane wise never seen stuff like that! Well as far as the food goes I have been mixing mazuri in with the lettuce they seam to eat the lettuce more but I figured I give it a try separate. By the way that mazuri stinks like hell!! What of the red stuff you guys are mentioning? Is this mazuri also?the Marion Red Tortoise Sticks!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
grogansilver said:
Terry Allan Hall said:
Hello every body what a couple days we had here Hurricane wise never seen stuff like that! Well as far as the food goes I have been mixing mazuri in with the lettuce they seam to eat the lettuce more but I figured I give it a try separate. By the way that mazuri stinks like hell!! What of the red stuff you guys are mentioning? Is this mazuri also?the Marion Red Tortoise Sticks!

Different company and my torts prefer it over the Mazuri product, possibly because the color red seems to equate to "fine vittles" in the minds of tortoises. :cool:

Here's a fun experiment: Mix up two small batches of Mazuri, each about 1/2 the size you generally offer at a feeding...put enough red food coloring in one batch to change the color noticably...set both batches about 10' in front of your tort(s) and see which they go to 1st. Tried this w/ my remaining Mazuri while waiting for my 1st bag of the Marion Red Sticks to arrive...and it was a hoot to watch! :p

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
coastal said:
Mazuri does not, its only a few bucks though from anyone selling it. I'm sure if you feed dog food Mazuri will be accepted and its much better for them. You should stop the dog food, animal protein is not good. These foods are all plant protein.

I don't feed Tony dog food.. But the dogs drop kibble from there bowls... And when Tonys outside he runs to that part of the yard looking for any kibble that the dogs may have dropped while eating..

How small of a bag can I buy.. Because Tony won't touch hay...

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida
1 pound see the website for prices and to order.

Status
Not open for further replies.