Mazuri VS Zoo-Med VS Red Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
What does you Tortoise like best.

My hates zoo meds, won't at all eat it. Wet or dry...

Mazuri,on other hand, he may like( I've only had him on it today). He was eating some before I mixed it with greens.

I haven't tried red stick.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Well some of my tortoises want nothing to do with any of the above foods and eat grasses/weeds/cactus etc. A lot of my tortoises love the mazuri, especially the Sulcatas. My stars enjoy the zoomed grassland more than the mazuri. My greeks will eat anything you put in front of them.

CJSTorts

5 Year Member
Jacksonville,FL
My sulcata likes the ZooMed, haven't tried it with the others. They all like Mazuri, and everyone but the hingebacks like the red sticks.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
My 5 year old eats anything that taste good so both for him and he eats it dry or moist. My other two torts wouldn't eat the red-sticks but the enjoy the Mazuri moist and always mixed with there favorite fresh foods..

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
In interest of full disclosure I have only used mazuri, and only my RF and box turtles like it.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Have not tried Zoo Med for a long time, but none would eat it then. The current group likes Mazuri, and I have not tried Marion Zoological (the makers of 'red stick', as far as I can tell.)

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
I was very surprised! Mine pick thru the red sticks to eat their old favorite Mazuri. Thats good for me as Mazuri is much cheaper and can be purchased locally. They also wont eat Zoo Med unless its the only thing offered for a while.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Mine love Mazuri. They will only eat the Zoo-Med if its soaked and mixed with greens, and I have not yet tried the red sticks.

Lately, I've discovered acres of horse pasture, and the ranch manager lets me take bags and bags of graze, so all of my torts have been getting huge piles of mostly fresh grass, but with clover, dandelion and plantain mixed in. SCORE! Just imagine a McDonald's tray heaped and over flowing with fresh green grass and weeds. Pure sulcata heaven. Now imagine five piles that high disappearing in a few minutes every day. I LOVE my sulcatas.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Haven't tried the ZooMed, but of the other two, my torts go nuts over the Marion Red Sticks, while their interest in Mazuri is, at best, luke warm.

Pretty sure it's the color that gets their attention, as I put some red food dye in the water to soak some Mazuri in and got a much more favorable response! :p

I mix either dried weeds/greens or chopped cactus 50/50 w/ the Red sticks, never the Red Sticks alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.