Medication help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weda737

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NC
No more bubbles! Lots of healthy poops, now I'm just paranoid about pyramiding.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
Maybe I'm being a little sensitive here because of the whole veterinarian thing, but if an animal dies in your care, does that now mean that you killed it? Just curious.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
exoticsdr said:
Maybe I'm being a little sensitive here because of the whole veterinarian thing, but if an animal dies in your care, does that now mean that you killed it? Just curious.
Those were her own words, she said that they are difficult to raise from so young and that she had killed 3 of her own. I thought that was pretty clear.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
Weda737 said:
exoticsdr said:
Those were her own words, she said that they are difficult to raise from so young and that she had killed 3 of her own. I thought that was pretty clear.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she did say that she had killed three of them, BUT do you think that she actually killed them or that they died in her care inspite of her best efforts to keep them alive. Seems that it was more of a "Joe Biden" moment in her efforts to put you at ease, just in case you didn't succeed in successfully raising your little one....i.e " Yes they can be very difficult to raise, Hell, I killed three of them before I finally got it right." It wasn't your initial post that concerned me, I know you are doing your best to do the right thing for your charges and IT IS very difficult to raise these little guys sometimes. I was more concerned with follow-up posts by TFO members that I know have had animals die in their care and they would never want anybody to say that they had "killed" them.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
I'm not blaming her for the death of her torts, my point being that if a vet couldn't get hers to live after 3 tries, How was I supposed to do it? I'm sure she did everything she could, I'm not saying she "killed" them, simply sharing the words she said to me. I'm not one to re-word anything. I don't think anyone who has responded here as misunderstood, at least, not from what I could tell. I can, however, understand how sentences can mean different things depending on how they are said, for instance, someone could say something just out of silliness and you could read it as an insult. Text can be a hard thing to interpret sometimes.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
Weda737 said:
I'm not blaming her for the death of her torts, my point being that if a vet couldn't get hers to live after 3 tries, How was I supposed to do it? I'm sure she did everything she could, I'm not saying she "killed" them, simply sharing the words she said to me. I'm not one to re-word anything. I don't think anyone who has responded here as misunderstood, at least, not from what I could tell. I can, however, understand how sentences can mean different things depending on how they are said, for instance, someone could say something just out of silliness and you could read it as an insult. Text can be a hard thing to interpret sometimes.

As is the case for this thread, I AM NOT accussing you of anything as I stated in my last post....my comments were made to get other TFO members to think before posting.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
I guess so, I don't mean to sound argumentative. Simple misunderstanding. I do appreciate your concern though. I know you weren't accusing me.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
Weda737 said:
I guess so, I don't mean to sound argumentative. Simple misunderstanding. I do appreciate your concern though. I know you weren't accusing me.

My fault, I should have have replied directly to the posts that concerned me and it would have cut down on your confusion, I'm very sorry for that..........I for one, am glad that you are here, this is truly the best site on the internet to get information on raising and keeping your new tortie happy and healthy.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
tczar said:
I believe EMYSEMYS has the best, down to earth advice on this site!!

Gawrsh! blush, blush...

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
This really is an impressive site, I've spent hours here just reading and learning, even those threads Tom posted as reference for me. I agree with tczar, I've seen a lot of emysemys posts around as well. For the most part, everyone here seems to truly care about the health of their animals, not just their own, but show real concern for their fellow enthusiasts and honestly want to help and learn. A rare thing indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.