Meet Tangelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
It looks like you have been very selective with your breeding group Steve. I always wanted to do this but could never part with any of mine and I have most since they were little ones. All your females are beautiful, but Caroline is a real Wow! I have one hatchling now that I know will be a beauty.

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
I know that these are your prime quartet (1.3) but how many in all do you have? these four are seriously impeccable specimens.

Not only are your turtle amazingly colored but there habitat is equal to that.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Please get this man busy with your females.

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
turtlemann2 said:
I know that these are your prime quartet (1.3) but how many in all do you have? these four are seriously impeccable specimens.

Not only are your turtle amazingly colored but there habitat is equal to that.

I have 5:10 right now. I had 17 total, but sold a trio to buy a new male. I'd like to even things out to end up with maybe 5 1:3 groups.
In Pen One I have the 1:4 group pictured above.
In Pen Two I have the blue male with 3 females.
In Pen Three I have a new male in quarantine.
In Pen Four I have my red male and one female.
In Pen Five I have my longest kept male, Rueben with two females.

Here is the new male. He was part of a breeding group but has not done well, so the person sold him. He arrived with a respiratory infection, and extremely underweight. After a 12 day round of antibiotics, he is healthy but still very shy and won't eat with me around. He is gaining weight, so I think he'll make it. Keeping my fingers crossed.
IMG_0149s.jpg

IMG_0150s.jpg

IMG_0167s.jpg

Steve

Actually, here are actual pictures of the groups. FYI, my wife and daughter name them. Blue Boy is a temporary name.

Pen 1 (Orange Group) Goldie is yellow not orange, and will someday join the yellow group, if I ever get a florescent yellow male.

TangeloGroup.jpg

Pen 2 (Blue Group)

BlueGroup.jpg

Pen 3 (Was to be Yellow Group, but then I bought the more orange, but extensively patterned male)

NewMaleGroup.jpg

Pen 4 (Red Group)

RedfordGroup.jpg

Pen 5 (left over group)

RuebansGroup.jpg

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
well your new male is quite a specimin as well, you sure do have one heck of a breeding group. all specificly chosen for their atributes, i do hope you new boy does well, and recovers to his former glory :) thanks for the pictures! cant wait to get a trio of easterns myself :)

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
well now that you have edited your post, i too am literally speechless, i call first dibs on buying your collection IF you ever choose to off load any.... that is by far the BEST way you could have shown off your bale, and how impressive it really is.

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
I cant get over all that Color....now dont get me wrong I love my 3 toes...but DANG they are not colorful like yours!!......my very first intro into box turtles was the 3 toed, but if I would have seen these colorful beauties I would have wanted them first!!....

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
supremelysteve said:
Pen 1 (Orange Group) Goldie is yellow not orange, and will someday join the yellow group, if I ever get a florescent yellow male.

If I ever go back in time, I'll hook you up with this guy I had. Along with taking a few better pictures of him.

DSCF0183.jpg

Allghoi Khorkhoi

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wow Awesome collection - my Bumblebee would be a nice match for Goldie - could have perfect bulls eyes on every scute! He's from KY too!

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
Neal said:
supremelysteve said:

If I ever go back in time, I'll hook you up with this guy I had. Along with taking a few better pictures of him.

DSCF0183.jpg

Very nice, he does have lots of yellow!

However, if you ever go back in time, I'd also want you to buy me some stock in Apple.

Allghoi Khorkhoi said:
Wow Awesome collection - my Bumblebee would be a nice match for Goldie - could have perfect bulls eyes on every scute! He's from KY too!

You own him? I've seen pics of him scattered all over the web. He's a really nicely marked male, and I think you're right, they would be a nice match.

Is he a big male, how long is his shell?

Steve

Allghoi Khorkhoi

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
You own him? I've seen pics of him scattered all over the web. He's a really nicely marked male, and I think you're right, they would be a nice match.

Steve

Yep - he's 5 3/4 inches and healthy as they come. After looking at thousands of ebt pics I still can't get over how near perfect his pattern is. Been searching for a female exactly like him for years but nada.

This guy is a little bigger but out of the ordinary as well. Just wish he had more intense skin color.

Yellajacket.jpg

marlin

5 Year Member
I would like to share some pictures of some really nice boxies I have come across. I tried contacting you but apparently I do not have permission. Here is my e-mail. [email protected]. I saw your breeders and I think you would really appreciate some pice of other outstanding examples of this species.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
marlin said:
I would like to share some pictures of some really nice boxies I have come across. I tried contacting you but apparently I do not have permission. Here is my e-mail. [email protected]. I saw your breeders and I think you would really appreciate some pice of other outstanding examples of this species.

Hi marlin:

Won't you please take a few moments to start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself? I'm sure some of the rest of us would also like to see your pictures (in a new thread).

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
Allghoi Khorkhoi said:

Steve

Yep - he's 5 3/4 inches and healthy as they come. After looking at thousands of ebt pics I still can't get over how near perfect his pattern is. Been searching for a female exactly like him for years but nada.

This guy is a little bigger but out of the ordinary as well. Just wish he had more intense skin color.

Yellajacket.jpg

Do you own that one as well? He is also very nice! How many do you have? Any other really nice ones?

Steve

Allghoi Khorkhoi

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
That's it now. My daughter found Bumblebee in our back yard and when I realized just how unique he is, I spent years and too much money trying to buy some high yellow females because I couldn't find the same pattern as Bumblebee but discovered that no one would part with a beautiful good breeder and the couple I bought were way too expensive and never produced fertile eggs so I gave up going down that path. I bought the second male pictured (only because of his uniqueness and his price $40) while looking for females at a Repticon show in SC. Given my age, my disability, the long time it takes to produce and mature hatchlings and the fact that once bred any female I get could be retaining the sperm from other males for up to 4 years I'm resigned to just enjoy these two beauties and the species in general. It is always a good way to start a conversation because very few people know anything about the species (outside of these forums of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.