Meet torque - SA leopard

Jenna kamenski

Location (City and/or State)
South Carolina
hello everyone!

Some of you may remember me posting about my hatchling sulcata, trooper, when he was sick, the little one didn’t make it unfortunately and we were devastated

I knew from reading different forums on here I had to get a baby from Tom. I knew I wouldn’t be disappointed and knew I would get a very healthy tort! After a few messages and what seemed like forever[was only about a month, lol] we received our baby on February 27th. If I remember correctly, torque hatched January 1st and is doing very well!

Torque is very sweet and is starting to be more personable. Took hand feeding right away and even let us hand feed him in a moving car! Definitely healthy and thriving! So a huge THANK YOU to Tom for providing us a thriving baby! Very excited to see just how big this little one will get!

Something funny and cute that torque does, if he/she is being held and wants to be put down, he starts to kick both of his legs and his head starts to move back and forth and he can do it pretty fast too lol...I call it a tortoise fit and ask why are you so frustrated?! Has anyone ever noticed their torts doing this?

Anyway...

Meet torque...torque the tort!

The first picture is when we first got him and the second is now :):<3::tort:

Attachments

• D47C6339-74F7-4A07-BB58-A1D9D3C14688.jpeg
    D47C6339-74F7-4A07-BB58-A1D9D3C14688.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
  • 5D420DED-1955-42F4-8C7B-BA77BDC22D1E.jpeg
    5D420DED-1955-42F4-8C7B-BA77BDC22D1E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 79

Melis

Maryland
Hello! So glad you got a healthy baby :)

Does he do the “fit” when you are holding him like he’s being held in your profile pic? They like to feel a solid surface below them, so that could be a reason for his thrashing around.

Jenna kamenski

South Carolina
Hello! So glad you got a healthy baby :)

Does he do the “fit” when you are holding him like he’s being held in your profile pic? They like to feel a solid surface below them, so that could be a reason for his thrashing around.
Lol yes he does! It’s crazy how he does it! Every time he does I try to get a video but I’m never quick enough

Melis

Maryland
Lol yes he does! It’s crazy how he does it! Every time he does I try to get a video but I’m never quick enough
Yeah they just don’t feel safe when they’re dangling like that. Try to keep your palm under him when carrying him, or even better, in a small container to transport him around. Less stressful on the little guy :)

Sully06012018

Ocklawaha, FL
hello everyone!

Some of you may remember me posting about my hatchling sulcata, trooper, when he was sick, the little one didn’t make it unfortunately and we were devastated

I knew from reading different forums on here I had to get a baby from Tom. I knew I wouldn’t be disappointed and knew I would get a very healthy tort! After a few messages and what seemed like forever[was only about a month, lol] we received our baby on February 27th. If I remember correctly, torque hatched January 1st and is doing very well!

Torque is very sweet and is starting to be more personable. Took hand feeding right away and even let us hand feed him in a moving car! Definitely healthy and thriving! So a huge THANK YOU to Tom for providing us a thriving baby! Very excited to see just how big this little one will get!

Something funny and cute that torque does, if he/she is being held and wants to be put down, he starts to kick both of his legs and his head starts to move back and forth and he can do it pretty fast too lol...I call it a tortoise fit and ask why are you so frustrated?! Has anyone ever noticed their torts doing this?

Anyway...

Meet torque...torque the tort!

The first picture is when we first got him and the second is now :):<3::tort:
He is awesome...congratulations.

Jenna kamenski

South Carolina
Yeah they just don’t feel safe when they’re dangling like that. Try to keep your palm under him when carrying him, or even better, in a small container to transport him around. Less stressful on the little guy :)
But I’ll leave carrying him in a container to my hubby Louis, I’m a huge klutz and trip over things that aren’t there lol

Jenna kamenski

South Carolina
You’ve done a great job. I’m sure Tom will be thrilled to see yet another success story
Thank you so much! I keep Tom updated about how torque is doing and he seems pleased so far :)

In a couple days or so I’m gonna take a video of me hand feeding torque in mid air so others that don’t have leopards can see just how awesome they are! And see it pays off to buy from the right breeders! :tort: