Mineral Supplement

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandonbkc

5 Year Member
My 1 year old Sulcata likes so eat small rocks when he is outside. I have read that this may be due to a deficiency in some minerals. Some in this forum have suggested using Miner-all as a supplement. I am just curious as to which type of Miner-all to use. My local pet store sells the indoor variation for insectivores. Would that be ok for my little sulcata?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
To tell you the truth, I didn't realize there were different kinds. I just looked at their website and the Indoor formula says its for insect-eating reptiles and amphibians, while the Outdoor formula says its for all herbivores and carnivores. So my guess would be you should try to find the Outdoor formula.

Paradon

5 Year Member
You could use Repashy Veggiedust. I think they are just like vitamin and calcium supplement, but safer.

And as to why your animal is eating rock, sometime when you put animals in captivity they develop behavior problems if they can't express their behavior like they would in the wild. I know some dogs that would try to eat large rocks...and the cure for that is lots of exercise (a lot of walks and running) and some minor adjustment in behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.