Miners Lettuce?

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Canebrake Ca
I am trying to help a rescue in Pakistan with a Sulcata not eating. Miners Lettuce (or India Lettuce) is all they can get a hold of ... is this an OK Lettuce? I am really looking to others WAYYY more experienced than myself on this one. I would imagine in moderation it would suffice to get him eating but will look to the experts.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You could suggest squeezing some fruit juice onto the food. Watermelon, strawberry, not acidic type fruit like oranges, lemons or limes.
Just be sure they understand that fruit should not be fed, but this is only to get them eating. Using less and less juice as they get used to eating the main foods

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looking up Fruit and Veggies in India, they should be able to get grape leaf. Also okra in moderation

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The minors lettuce that grows here is an edible weed. But, like all edibles it shouldn:t be the only food. Any of the leafy greens Pakistanis eat would be ok to feed in moderation.

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
I just LOVE this place. Truly where can you get such answers to a question so fast and with true honesty! A pat on the back you all deserve!
O and Thank You.

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
Sure will. It is such a great thing that a person in Pakistan can get help from others with such knowledge. As our Rescue grows so does our ability to reach other rescues with info and tools that have helped us all. It truly is 'About the Torts' and I'm ok with that, these Fascinating creatures deserve all us humans can do to help no matter the location on this rock called Earth.