Missing nails

Carinneagain

Location (City and/or State)
North Idaho
He lives in a tank and yesterday he had them, today he doesn’t. I can’t even find them. I didn’t notice this morning but tonight for his evening soak I noticed. No red or blood. I’m so confused. He doesn’t dig and he’s in the coconut substrate stuff.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Maybe he's a nail biter lol. They don't look broken off as much as worn down. However, not sure they could be worn down without at least the outer one being worn down too.
He looks the size of a handful. How big is the tank? Most tanks barely last a year. You might think about giving him a larger enclosure. If they don't have enough room to get proper exercise and build their muscles he will be dragging his legs. I rescued a leopard with too little space and he couldn't use his back legs properly, just dragging them.

Carinneagain

North Idaho
Thank you. His tank is probably ok for now but will definitely have to get him a bigger one soon. He is about a handful and was told he was 7-8 months old. He hasn’t been dragging them. I do take him out in the yard for exercise daily. But will have to graduate him soon. He has a tree bark hut and was wondering if he got them stuck in that but your right.... looks worn not off.