Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I live out in the country, but on a very busy street. It's one of the major roads that leads up into the mountains. The speed limit is 55mph.

For some reason, this seems like a very good place to drop off unwanted cats. At one time, I had 9 cats here and only two of them were cats that I, myself, chose.

My neighbor across the street said he had a stray cat hanging around that ran when you approached it. So I loaned him my trap. He caught her and I put her in the old house on the back of my property in order to gain her trust.

She had a big fist-sized knot, a really hard knot on her side (I thought it reminded me of the toe of a boot), and a big, hard knot on her tail. I kept her locked up back there for a month, and we became pretty good friends. During this time, I had her spayed.

I thought she was about a year old, still quite kitten-ish, and she didn't know how to play, but we soon fixed that.

When I finally let her outside, she became my CONSTANT companion. When I'm outside, she follows me everywhere. And she makes me laugh all the time. She is SO darned cute. Well, physically, she's pretty cute, but her actions are just so cute.

Here's Missy Kittie:

6-13-11MissyKittie.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes. It took almost a month, though. I can't imagine how much that must have hurt when it first happened.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
She reminds me a bit of some of ours in markings. Glad she came across you. I wish I only had that few cats to feed. ;) Just like why do they always wait to dump them off, when they are pregnant (my Vet will not spay anything pregnant or if it has kittens under 8 wks)? I can understand no longer wanting the animal, but why not face up to your responsibility and take it to a shelter or just hand the cat over to somebody like you or me, who take in strays? Sorry kinda ranting, it's been a hard week with losing three kittens I was able to capture from the wild population. Unfortunately, something found them before me and they didn't make it. :(

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Awww, Jacqui, I am so sorry :( It is horrible to lose one. I lost two of my adult cats last year, both to really freak things. My two year old just up and died, on a Sunday. I was frantically driving all over town, even went to the one lady's house and beat on her door... I couldn't find anyone to save my Marley :( By the time I got her to a vet, it was too late, he couldn't figure out what was wrong. Then a few months later I lost her daughter. She had fibroepithelial hyperplasia and it just kept getting worse and worse... finally I put her down.

Yvonne - I love her, she has a sweet face :) I especially love taking the ones like her that are still young but have had to fight for survival and teaching them to play and be loved and be someone's pet. Every time you pet them, or pick them up, the strength of their purrs show you just how grateful they are. You have never been loved until you turn the life of a stray into something beautiful :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, she's such a neat kitty. Every time I go outside and see her, she gives me a chuckle.

Status
Not open for further replies.