Modern Tech?

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
20231029_173144.jpg
To anyone that has ever had to go to get a sleep study done....this is what paradise looks like!

Easy pezy....
D/L the app, allow to connect to phone w/BT, peal white tape off & place round sensor on chest, device on wrist, finger sensor locked in, go to bed at 7pm
I woke at midnight, for the day but it wouldn't let me end the test till 6 hrs had passed. End test, transmit data, toss gear into the trash.
The rest is done behind the curtain so you get no access to the data to look at, if you happened to want to. Dr will call if there's an issue.

This even beats the last home sleep study I did!

The next gen of tech will simply be a scan, like McCoy used....a medical tricorder?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, you did that at home, lucky you!
I know two people that one did the sleep study a couple months ago and one just last week and both had to go to a facility to do it. Which I always thought was stupid, as most people can't get to sleep in those places.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
My son had to go to a place to get his a few years ago....he said it was miserable, the leads, unable to fall asleep. I can understand it after hearing the stories at work when I showed them this setup. Last time it was more invasive but still at home. This was cake.....Angel food!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I went to a place a few years ago. The rooms were all done up like hotel rooms, with decent furniture, and the bed was a nice comfortable queen size. There were even little shampoos and toothpastes in the bathroom.

I was told that I could bring my meds, including a sleeping pill if I needed it. I took one, and was out til a bathroom trip hours later. 🥱
😴

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
View attachment 362974
To anyone that has ever had to go to get a sleep study done....this is what paradise looks like!

Easy pezy....
D/L the app, allow to connect to phone w/BT, peal white tape off & place round sensor on chest, device on wrist, finger sensor locked in, go to bed at 7pm
I woke at midnight, for the day but it wouldn't let me end the test till 6 hrs had passed. End test, transmit data, toss gear into the trash.
The rest is done behind the curtain so you get no access to the data to look at, if you happened to want to. Dr will call if there's an issue.

This even beats the last home sleep study I did!

The next gen of tech will simply be a scan, like McCoy used....a medical tricorder?
I can just see me sleeping with an apparatus like that 😭😁😁😁😁it would be in the trash before morning while I was sleeping. I would flunk the test miserably.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I can just see me sleeping with an apparatus like that 😭😁😁😁😁it would be in the trash before morning while I was sleeping. I would flunk the test miserably.
I use a C-PAP machine every night. I actually like it...it takes no effort to breathe, and you can stick your face right into your pillow and not suffocate! :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I use a C-PAP machine every night. I actually like it...it takes no effort to breathe, and you can stick your face right into your pillow and not suffocate! :D
My hub had one. Not fun sleeping with someone that wears them, specially when their mouth falls open, OMG.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I can't help myself because I sleep so heavily. Anything like that would be gone pretty quickly after I go into deep sleep. I did manage to train myself to leave my socks on though so maybe if it's comfy I would.

Megatron's Mom

North Little Rock, Arkansas
My hub had one. Not fun sleeping with someone that wears them, specially when their mouth falls open, OMG.
100% agree, my husband is on his third machine. This one is the quietest but I still need to sleep with my arms covering my ears. Drives me nuts. Of course he doesn't think him and her rooms would be good.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I suppose that's true, but I didn't start using it until after Pete had died.

I use the nasal pillows, which I find comfortable. I would hate the mask that covers nose and mouth. I'm fortunate I'm not a mouth breather or I would have to do the mask.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I have a phobia about anything touching my face, including hands, even Kerry's. I cannot tell you how many times I told someone I was dating, "please don't touch my face, I'm just weird" so to put the mask on....it didn't go well. I really tried to get used to it. I finally was able to fall asleep with it on but it didn't make it past the first 20min according to the game cam.

I'm rather jealous of Len.....lol good for you brother, good for you!