Moles in my enclosures

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scooter

We have a mole problem in our tort enclosures. I am positive they are moles. I am worried it will stress the torts especially the hingebacks. We found repellant that is pure caster oil, will this work and is it safe to use in the enclosures? Thanks!

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Moles are harmless, except to their main diet-earthworms! I doubt most tortoises pay much mind to the presence of moles in their enclosure. Tortoises co-exist with a lot of other small animals and insects in the wild.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
I don't know about castor oil.I use castor beans in the yard to kill them.Push a bean into the tunnel.He eats it and dies.They are .25 ea at the feed store.You might want to do a little research before using the oil.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
One of my regular wholesale customers has the same problem, the only solution was metal screen under the ground. Unsure of all the details, came up in general conversation one night.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
hi,i had moles in my yard once, they like grub worms. no grubs no moles. nasty little things. get a hammer and play wack a mole on their heads! 'lol' sorry. lindy

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
coreyc said:
EricIvins said:
You sure they are Moles and not Armadillos?

An Armadillo? What!

This makes me laugh! I can't tell if Corey just thinks that it's ridiculous that a mole would be confused with an armadillo, or if he even knows what an armadillo is. hahaha! Armadillos will dig up the ground, so it may look like a mole is visiting your yard.

-Matt

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I know what an armadillo is:D I'm going with how ridiculous it is:D

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
That's funny! I knew it had to be one of the two. I was rooting for ridiculous, but you do live in Massachusetts, so I wasn't 100% sure.

-Matt

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Moles eat bugs and create tunnels just under ground.. Gophers eat grass and make mounds of dirt and destroy lawns!
we have both.. gophers are the WORST!

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
matt41gb said:
That's funny! I knew it had to be one of the two. I was rooting for ridiculous, but you do live in Massachusetts, so I wasn't 100% sure.

-Matt

Because I'm from Mass I grew up watching Wild Kingdom I know what and armadillo is lol :p

EricIvins

5 Year Member
coreyc said:

What's so rediculous about it? A hole an Armadillo digs looks the same as the holes Moles push up........I deal with both on a daily basis......

So......why the sarcasm?

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
EricIvins said:
coreyc said:

What's so rediculous about it? A hole an Armadillo digs looks the same as the holes Moles push up........I deal with both on a daily basis......

So......why the sarcasm?

No sarcasm I was replying to post 8 from Matt that's all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.