They swapped enclosures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, CA
Recently I separated my two juvenile DTs cause there seemed to be evidence of bullying surfacing. There is a wall between their enclosures the height of two cinderblocks. The torts are 5-6 inches and the larger tort (Gomez) has the larger of the two enclosures. Well yesterday I got home from work and found the little one (Morticia) in Gomez's hide and vice versa. Hubby said he had come out mid-day and found Morticia flipped from trying to scale the cinderblock wall. Well apparently later in the day she succeeded and so did her brother. The weird thing is, if they're able to scale the wall, they're able to get out of their enclosures entirely and they haven't done that, at least that I know of.

I'll be heading out this morning to fiddle with the wall before I head to work. These guys are sure keeping me busy.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
You know the grass is always greener on the other side.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Try to find a way to put a lip that hangs over into the habitat. This inhibits climbing.

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
No enclosure swapping today but hubby was home so they got to roam the wider yard for a couple hours and tire themselves out. I've got a wood lip now over the cinderblocks and we'll see if this settles things down. The goofballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.