Temporary hide ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, CA
We're having work done on the house in an area adjacent to the DT enclosure. We need to relocate our two DTs for a few days so they're out of harm's way. We've set up two simple enclosures for them at the opposite end of the yard using cinderblock borders. They've got nice deep shade from some ficus trees and dappled morning sun. The thing I'm not sure about is how to give them a temporary hide. They're used to the underground ones we dug them, which had concrete lids for easy access for us. Anybody got any ideas for something quick and easy? Hopefully the work will only take a few days, but you know how it is with contractors. If possible I'd like them to be able to overnight outside when weather permits, which it seems likely to, so I'd need something secure from critters. (The yard has 8-foot concrete walls, but occasionally skunks and gophers have found their way in).

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
You don't have to really worry about the gophers biting/eating them,..but the skunks are carnivores....

I would use a couple 5 gallon buckets cut in half long ways and then buried under dirt....I do not know about locking them in some way?---that is all I got...apology...:p

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
How about trash can (laid down on it's side) with lots of dirt inside, just put the lid on at night.

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for these great ideas! Turns out the workers finished in record time so it was all for naught. I worked from home so the torts got to free roam in the yard with me and my computer and all was well.

Status
Not open for further replies.