Mounting lighting to closed chamber?

Jschmid33

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsn
hey guys need some ideas! I am finishing up a new closed chamber enclosure for my redfoot tortoise. I have an idea sorted out for my CHE with my thermostat but can’t seem to find anything to mount my 18 inch uv bulb to the top on the inside. Any advice would be great. I was looking into the light fixtures that hold strip lights in garages that hang from chains on each end but couldn’t find any in a 18 inch size.

Sterant

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Albany, NY
hey guys need some ideas! I am finishing up a new closed chamber enclosure for my redfoot tortoise. I have an idea sorted out for my CHE with my thermostat but can’t seem to find anything to mount my 18 inch uv bulb to the top on the inside. Any advice would be great. I was looking into the light fixtures that hold strip lights in garages that hang from chains on each end but couldn’t find any in a 18 inch size.
Use some form of fixture with a reflector - suspended by chain - because you will need to adjust the height to get the proper amount of UV to the tortoise. If you mount them to the ceiling, you have no control.