1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Mounting lighting to closed chamber?

Discussion in 'Tortoise Enclosure Lighting' started by Jschmid33, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Jschmid33

Jschmid33 New Member

hey guys need some ideas! I am finishing up a new closed chamber enclosure for my redfoot tortoise. I have an idea sorted out for my CHE with my thermostat but can’t seem to find anything to mount my 18 inch uv bulb to the top on the inside. Any advice would be great. I was looking into the light fixtures that hold strip lights in garages that hang from chains on each end but couldn’t find any in a 18 inch size.
  2. Rusky

Rusky Active Member

3. Sterant

Sterant Well-Known Member

Use some form of fixture with a reflector - suspended by chain - because you will need to adjust the height to get the proper amount of UV to the tortoise. If you mount them to the ceiling, you have no control.