Multivitamins drops!

helen1980

Location (City and/or State)
Greece - crete
Hello all! I received this small bottle today and i would like to ask if i can give some drops to my tortoise!its a russian! I have read all the instructions but in one side i saw that it says it has sugars inside! Can i give him once in a week 2 drops or should i throw this? It contains 9 vitamins and d3 inside!

Attachments

• 61LF3Ws+y4L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    61LF3Ws+y4L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Sugar is the #1 ingredient. Wonder why? I wouldn't feed it to my tort, personally.

• Ingredients: Sugar, Grain, Oils and fats
  • Additives: Per KG: Vit. A (E672) 420000 IU, Vit. B1 200 mg, Vit. B2 270 mg, Vit. B3 2600 mg, Vit. B5 680 mg, Vit. B12 1100 μg, Vit. C 5200 mg, Vit. D3 (E671) 792 IU, Vit. E 1300 IU, Vit. H 10000 μg, Vit. K3 32 mg
  • Analysis: Crude protein 0.46%, Crude fat 3.4%, Crude ash 0.55%, Moisture 86%.

helen1980

Greece - crete
I wouldn't either
If you feed a proper diet, they don't really need additives.
I wouldn't either
If you feed a proper diet, they don't really need additives.
Thank you! I give in my tortoise every day early morning about 40 minutes sun! Is this enough to have d3 vitamins? I feed him Cactus 2 times per week and mulberry leaves!

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello!
If "early morning" is between 9 and 10 o'clock - then yes, it's enough. Between 8 and 9 in the morning sunlight does not have enough ultraviolet. Think of the best times to get tan but not sunburns. Around 5PM is a good time too, but tortoises usually like to bask in the morning to warm up after night.

Cactus and mulberry leaves are great calcium sources! Hibiscus leaves are good too. Young grape leaves and caper's bush leaves (κάπαρη) are fine from time to time too.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I second Alex and the Redfoot post.
Be sure to feed more then just 2 or 3 items though. What you are feeding is good but add more variety.

helen1980

Greece - crete
Hello!
If "early morning" is between 9 and 10 o'clock - then yes, it's enough. Between 8 and 9 in the morning sunlight does not have enough ultraviolet. Think of the best times to get tan but not sunburns. Around 5PM is a good time too, but tortoises usually like to bask in the morning to warm up after night.

Cactus and mulberry leaves are great calcium sources! Hibiscus leaves are good too. Young grape leaves and caper's bush leaves (κάπαρη) are fine from time to time too.
Thank you! I take him out from 9 o clock until 11! I provide hin Shadows! I see that the sun is strong in 12 o clock! I picked him up even from the shadows in 12 o clock and he was warm in shell!