Muzuri + Calcium D3 + NutriBAC df every 3rd day

TommyTheV

Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
Hi,

I feed original Muzuri + Calcium D3 + NutriBAC df every 3rd day - religiously - is that too much?

My every 3rd morning regimen is as follows:

I add 2 smidgen of the Calcium D3 + 2 smidgen of the NutriBAC df into a feeding cup.
Add 25-30 of the original Muzuri pellets.
I then fill the cup with RO water just enough to cover the top of the Muzuri pellets.
I swirl the mixture around in the cup and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes most - if not all - of the water gets soaked up into the pellets then I distribute them out to the feeding plates.

The reason I do it in this manner is theoretically I don't have to sprinkle any power as they all get absorbed up into the pellets, and my torts gobble them all up in a matter of minutes. Sprinkling any powder often times just get blown away with the wind or just ends up on the ground somewhere.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Not a good way to go. Mazuri is "balanced" nutrition. When you add calcium to it, you upset the balance. Add the calcium on days that you are feeding lower calcium foods like grocery store greens.

I've never used Nutri-bac, so I can't comment on that part of your question.

TommyTheV

San Diego, CA
Hi,

Yes torts are fed daily of course, just this mixture every 3rd day. So if I do it Monday, the next time would be Thursday, so on so forth.

The reason I choose to add the powder stuff with the Muzuri is so it could actually soak it into the pellets. Tried direct before and most of the time I see the powders just ends up left behind on the dish as if they got little to none of it 😅

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I don't think the Nutribac is to be fed to a healthy animal on a regular basis . It is a gut flora restorative, particularly for use after a course of antibiotics. If your animal is not sick, don't treat it. A correct varied diet is the way to go.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi,

Yes torts are fed daily of course, just this mixture every 3rd day. So if I do it Monday, the next time would be Thursday, so on so forth.

The reason I choose to add the powder stuff with the Muzuri is so it could actually soak it into the pellets. Tried direct before and most of the time I see the powders just ends up left behind on the dish as if they got little to none of it 😅
Wet the greens so that the calcium powder, and other additives like dehydrated leaves, stick to it better.

TommyTheV

San Diego, CA
I don't think the Nutribac is to be fed to a healthy animal on a regular basis . It is a gut flora restorative, particularly for use after a course of antibiotics. If your animal is not sick, don't treat it. A correct varied diet is the way to go.

What I thought too but I talked to a couple that used these on a regular basis in smaller amounts to keep digestive tract healthy. "You can't have TOO much probiotics".