My baby died!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erimis

5 Year Member
Under the light is flat, nothing to trip or climb on. I dont know that she was tipped but its the only thing I can come up with. She was not out yet when I left for work, at lunch time she was on her back so it only could have been 4ish hours under the light. The next day she was also on her back but inside the moist hide. Its possible she was like that all night, I did not open the lid to look in at them taht night. They all like to get in the corners and pile up, so again, Im guessing that one of the others was under her and flipped her. I posted on the forum and it was suggested she was being bullied.
I havent seen bullying, but the other reason I think that might be right is she is the only one that came out in the morning to eat, I feed them at lunchtime. She did eat at noon but maybe she wasnt getting enough so came out early to eat?
I just dont know

Tortus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Ah, ok. It could have been any time during that 4 hour period. I was just hoping someone in the house didn't see it and not flip it over for 4 hours.

Poor thing. I've seen videos of tortoises flipping each other over during dominance displays. I'm not sure what age that sort of thing begins. I'm still learning. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.