my baby sully just escaped

Sinyo

5 Year Member
i put my baby sully in my front yard this morning. i put some wood barrier and i think he succesfully escaped by crawling beneath the barrier cos i put it on thick bermuda grass. he's only 6cm and i couldn't find where he is now. he's been lost for 10 hours. any advice how to find him? its raining and dark right now. i'll try to find him again tomorrow. wish me luck

gregcalverley0327

10 Year Member!
Look under things, I would personally go out with a flashlight to try and find him as soon as possible

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Get down on your hands and knees and look under everything. Bear in mind that a bird might have flown off with him. They do that all the time.

Urtle

5 Year Member
Ok. Dont panic, Its very stressful to lose something. From what I'm understanding he's a little one and its very possible he went under hiding and has been so for the last 10 hours. Good luck and don't quit looking.

gustaf

5 Year Member
Its possoble he burrowd down into the bermuda grass and is hiding really good.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Keep looking and keep looking. Take advice from someone who had two, yes two little Houdini's disappear on me and reappear. Get on your hands and knees and look. Look along the fence line and under rocks and in corners. Remember they go to sleep at night and come out when it warms up. Never give up. Mine turned up after 4 days

fukkatsu

5 Year Member
It took me 2 hours of continuous search once to find my then 2 year old Hermann Gregoire who had gone wandering in my back garden on a coldish British summer afternoon. I was so glad to eventually find him asleep in an azalea bush. Please don't give up :)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Sinyo

5 Year Member
guys
he's backk!!!! :D
oohh gosh i'm so damn happy n relieve
you know what, he walked to my neighbor's house last night. its only 30m but for a 6cm sully i think its far enough.
when i looked at him, he gimme his innocent gaze. LOL. ohh i just love him :p
so, this morning my mother met him when they were joogging n she asked him did he found a little tortoise yesterday n fortunately he said "yes maam, i found a little yellowish tort in my carport, i keep it in my house" without a question my mom called me right away and gimme this amazing news. i really didn't expect that my sully will walked to my neighbor's that's why i didn't asked him last night.
anyway, i bet you wanna feel this feeling. LOL
thank you so much for all of your support guys, i wish you always have a happy time with your torts

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
YAY! Awesome news!

Lilyloveslettuse

5 Year Member
Oregon
I'm so happy for you!!! This is Jessica's grandma - When I was a teen I had a baby red eared slider. I was cleaning it's habitat so put it in the big bird bath that we had in the yard to swim around. I was coming back for it, only about a foot away and a big crow flew out of the walnut tree in the yard and snatched up my little turtle RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!! Talk about traumatic!!! I do NOT trust birds around a turtle or tortoise!!! :(

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Some times I wonder if they seek people out once they have been dependent upon man for food and warmth.

Good luck!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
and what are you doing today? building a new enclosure? glad it worked out ok... time to rethink and re build...

Sinyo

5 Year Member
thank you guys :)

Lilyloveslettuse said:
I'm so happy for you!!! This is Jessica's grandma - When I was a teen I had a baby red eared slider. I was cleaning it's habitat so put it in the big bird bath that we had in the yard to swim around. I was coming back for it, only about a foot away and a big crow flew out of the walnut tree in the yard and snatched up my little turtle RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!! Talk about traumatic!!! I do NOT trust birds around a turtle or tortoise!!! :(

thanks
ouuuu that's awful :(
such a poor RES
ohh i can't imagine if that happen to my tort

Laura said:
and what are you doing today? building a new enclosure? glad it worked out ok... time to rethink and re build...
absolutely!!
i'll buy a metal folding fence for my outdoor enclosure
don't trust my old fence anymore -___-