My box turtles - Pics :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadk

10 Year Member!
I have a new pen. Still a work in progress, but they seem to really like it.

My new 3 toed is pretty shy. But my male eastern, who was the shy one, is now quite the social butterfly.

I tried feeding them some pumpkin flowers, but they weren't really interested. Only vinnie, the male eastern took any interest.

So I ended up spoiling them with some Rainbow Trout. That got their attention :)

Davis the 3 Toed boxie:
24881_54197_Large_uNgqDiNeWD.jpg

Vinny the E. Boxie:
22999_54204_Large_T4DSbhqZHN.jpg

And Stella (the larger E. Boxie) with the boys:
22998_54201_Large_GFP2LneUAL5.jpg

22999_54203_Large_DfOn3dAZSoSZge.jpg

22999_54202_Large_DBQJxfR6VvCa.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

Great pictures...I always laugh when I see how we feed our animals. Putting their food on a plate and placing them around it like they are at a dinner party. I do the same thing...:D

chadk

10 Year Member!
LOL - yes, that is posed. I only do that for pics. I sometimes bring out fresh fruit or veggies on the small plates, but mostly I just drop a hand full of snails and slugs and worms I get from the yard in the moring before work.

Should have taken some pics of them munching down on the rainbow trout. That was a big hit :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
HEy Chad...you always have such great pictures. How big is your boxie pen? Will they hibernate outside..I love boxie talk.

chadk

10 Year Member!
The pen is only about 9x5. But seems just right for the 3 of them. I may bump it to 18x5 later though. Still working out all the details...

At this point I do plan to hibernate them outside. But not 100% set on it. Will depend on their health and research I do in the mean time.

I'll try to get a pic of the tort\turtle yard. It would be fun to see the before and after. Right now it is a mess. Just kinda thrown together and 'functional'. But I have lots of ideas that will be fun to try out and see how things come together.

Status
Not open for further replies.