My ET

carlenesET

Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, CA
My four year old ET surprised me the other day. He walked under three watering tubes I have for some of his plants and as they touched his carapace he stopped and wiggled so they would scratch his back. So, now I realize how much he likes it so I put my hand near him... he comes to me and I rub all over his carapace. How fun for both of us!!! IMG_2057.jpg

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
They totally look like ET! It cracks me up all the time. ET phone home....
My little guy Diego likes back rubs too. I started using an old toothbrush all over his shell while he's soaking. He likes baths way more since I started it. He digs a neck rub occasionally too. Have you tried that?

carlenesET

Los Angeles, CA
My little guy Diego likes back rubs too. I started using an old toothbrush all over his shell while he's soaking. He likes baths way more since I started it. He digs a neck rub occasionally too. Have you tried that?

I’ll have to try that with a soft toothbrush!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Yesterday during Chug's soak I rubbed the side of his neck. He stuck his head out all the way and turned his head so I could have better access to him! He also seems to like being rubbed under his jaw.

EdMurphy

Minnesota
My russian does the same thing, If I scratch her rear end she will raise her backend up high and rock back and forth. I was surprised but she does enjoy having her carapace scratched. Maybe it's some kind of breeding trigger? I don't know, but it makes me laugh ever time.