My First Sulcata: Is this pyramiding?

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
I have a CHE but I usually turn it off before I go to sleep because I am afraid it will get too warm while Im asleep. Now Im thinking of buying a thermostat to help solve these temp problems.

Really appreciate all the feedback.
Timers for day lights are a huge help, too :D

The Jack Frost

Philippines
The temperature is the cause of the respiratory infections, not the humidity.

Your CHE and a thermostat should solve this problem. I would keep temps at least 85 or higher day and night for a few a weeks since this guy is already showing symptoms.

I will heed to this advise. I hope s/he's gonna get better sooner. Thanks Tom.

Have been an avid fan of your posts even before I got my first tort. :)

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I reptile thermostat cost me $60 but it's super easy. You just turn the dial to the temp you want, stick the probe in the cold side of your enclosure, and plug the CHE in. Simple as that.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

The Jack Frost

Philippines
I reptile thermostat cost me $60 but it's super easy. You just turn the dial to the temp you want, stick the probe in the cold side of your enclosure, and plug the CHE in. Simple as that.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

I am definitely convinced now. I will go ahead and set-up a thermostat over the weekend.

I just thought the night temps wouldnt be a problem for me being a tropical country. But yeah, the last quarter of the year is the coldest in most places of the Philippines.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I am definitely convinced now. I will go ahead and set-up a thermostat over the weekend.

I just thought the night temps wouldnt be a problem for me being a tropical country. But yeah, the last quarter of the year is the coldest in most places of the Philippines.

I see this with many people in tropical countries. But the temperatures inside your house are not the same as a tortoise living in the bush outside with access to sun all day. Indoor enclosures need help maintaining the correct conditions everywhere in the world. It sounds like you understand this now. :)