1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

My First Tortoise "Tommy"

Discussion in 'General Tortoise Discussion' started by g4mobile, Nov 16, 2019.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. g4mobile

g4mobile Active Member Tortoise Club

Location (City and/or State):
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    I purchased my first tortoise at the National Reptile Breeders' Expo in Orlando in the mid 1990's. I was in college and my girlfriend fell in love with a baby leopard tortoise. Even as a baby, his shell was strikingly blonde in color.

After some time raising it, I decided it was best to give him to a local breeder, who could properly take care of him. I was in college living in an apartment and just not the best place for a tortoise that needed room to grow and graze. He did have some pyramiding, but this was the mid 1990's and not much info out there.

This is the breeder, holding my first tortoise "Tommy". I know that he went to a good place and if any knows this person that would be awesome. He was located in Seminole County, FL.

Tortoise - Leopard Tommy.jpg
    Tortoise - Leopard Tommy 2.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    MPappagallo likes this.
  2. Tom

Tom The Dog Trainer 10 Year Member! Platinum Tortoise Club

Southern California
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    I don't recognize the breeder, but that is a fantastic hat!

I'll bet lots of the people at the TTPG would know who he is. You should go next year!
    g4mobile likes this.
  3. g4mobile

g4mobile Active Member Tortoise Club

Fort Lauderdale, FL
    I do plan to attend in Daytona next year. It’s been a long time and always fun. So many beautiful animals, it’s hard to resist.