My Hatchling Eastern Hermann’s

kinsella23

Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
Wanted to show off my new baby as I have loved looking at all of your tortoises. We got him from TortStork and couldn’t have been happier with the experience. From Day 1 our baby was eating, active, and loving to soak.

Also, I’ve seen much debate on these topics so I guess I would like to hear some opinions as well. How long do you give your torts UVB when they are kept indoor, especially as hatchlings. Do you supplement calcium with D3 and multivitamins? If so, how often? And lastly, if a hatchling eats in the morning, is it important to feed them again at night if they are active, or should I not risk over feeding.

Had to remove my sphagnum moss as well unfortunately as he was trying to eat it!

Humidity: 75-85%
Temps: Basking: 90-95 Night: 70-75

Attachments

• IMG_9383.jpeg
    IMG_9383.jpeg
    302 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9381.jpeg
    IMG_9381.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9380.jpeg
    IMG_9380.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9372.jpeg
    IMG_9372.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's a pretty ingenious way of getting water wicking up onto the carapace.

rpm23

Texas
Wanted to show off my new baby as I have loved looking at all of your tortoises. We got him from TortStork and couldn’t have been happier with the experience. From Day 1 our baby was eating, active, and loving to soak.

Also, I’ve seen much debate on these topics so I guess I would like to hear some opinions as well. How long do you give your torts UVB when they are kept indoor, especially as hatchlings. Do you supplement calcium with D3 and multivitamins? If so, how often? And lastly, if a hatchling eats in the morning, is it important to feed them again at night if they are active, or should I not risk over feeding.

Had to remove my sphagnum moss as well unfortunately as he was trying to eat it!

Humidity: 75-85%
Temps: Basking: 90-95 Night: 70-75
I'm thinking of ordering from them and have the same questions so I'll be following this. But can you tell me how old your tortoise is? He emailed me today saying the current hatchlings are 1.5 months old but I was thinking yours looks older/ bigger than that? Might be the angle of the picture. In trying to get an idea of what 6 weeks looks like as far as size.

kinsella23

Indiana
I'm thinking of ordering from them and have the same questions so I'll be following this. But can you tell me how old your tortoise is? He emailed me today saying the current hatchlings are 1.5 months old but I was thinking yours looks older/ bigger than that? Might be the angle of the picture. In trying to get an idea of what 6 weeks looks like as far as size.
I've had mine for a little under a week. I am sure the clutch I picked from is the same that is still available. Mine is amazing, and yes they are already well started, looking a bit older. My little dude destroys any food I put in front of him. He is 51 grams.