My Hermanns

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I have never posted about my pair of hermanns. I've had them for a while and they fascinate me more everyday as they are so personable and the way they seek each other out. No aggression or pestering towards each other ever noticed.This is their favorite time of year with all the fresh food just waiting for them to enjoy. This mornings breakfast.Picture 182.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It worked the first time for me. I didn't realize you had Hermanni. That's a nice pair of tortoises!

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
It's been almost a year since a post about the Hermanns. They are doing good but last July i needed to separate them. they are together right now for a while until he realizes he's a male again. When I first put them outside he was all over her and I didn't think she was ready for mating so they were separated, until he moved 3 red bricks to get into her enclosure Since then no mating attempts by him. They each still go into their separate crocks at night ,. Took these pics today, They are eating day old cactus blooms and fruit. The first is the female. female herm.jpgmale herm.jpg