my intro 💫

enzotort

Location (City and/or State)
california
hi im enzo, ive been a tortoise owner for a few years and i have two tortoises right now, my red foot ridley, and my russian natasha :D

ridley is four years old and natasha is ten, i love them with all my heart and soul!!

i love seeing other tortoise stories and sharing my own so ill be posting pictures of me and my babies :]

thanks for reading and have a good day 🧡
btw heres some tortoise pics

Attachments

• IMG_4456.jpeg
    IMG_4456.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4448.jpeg
    IMG_4448.jpeg
    484.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4275.jpeg
    IMG_4275.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3216.jpeg
    IMG_3216.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3222.jpeg
    IMG_3222.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3221.jpeg
    IMG_3221.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3203.jpeg
    IMG_3203.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and welcome. Hope you are not housing them together and that you do not let them roam your floors.
They both can live outside with a heated night box and added humidity for the RF by way of sprinklers or misters.

enzotort

california
Hello and welcome. Hope you are not housing them together and that you do not let them roam your floors.
They both can live outside with a heated night box and added humidity for the RF by way of sprinklers or misters.
i house them separately inside and they are tended to with their own needs, it would be hard to do that if they were housed together 😂 thank you for the welcome!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
i house them separately inside and they are tended to with their own needs, it would be hard to do that if they were housed together 😂 thank you for the welcome!
Yes it would be hard, but you wouldn't believe how many have either asked if they could or just do it and then find out from this forum how bad it is.

enzotort

california
Yes it would be hard, but you wouldn't believe how many have either asked if they could or just do it and then find out from this forum how bad it is.
i understand, it brings risks like shared diseases and lack of space, breeding, or just aggression (especially if they're different types) and much more. thank you for making sure!

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
hi im enzo, ive been a tortoise owner for a few years and i have two tortoises right now, my red foot ridley, and my russian natasha :D

ridley is four years old and natasha is ten, i love them with all my heart and soul!!

i love seeing other tortoise stories and sharing my own so ill be posting pictures of me and my babies :]

thanks for reading and have a good day 🧡
btw heres some tortoise pics
Hello and welcome!

You have very nice tortoises! But is Enzo living in the enclosure like on photo? There is no substrate, a heat mat and some other things which concern me.

enzotort

california
Hello and welcome!

You have very nice tortoises! But is Enzo living in the enclosure like on photo? There is no substrate, a heat mat and some other things which concern me.
no not at all, it was a temporary enclosure that we put him in when we clean his usual enclosure, he does not normally live like that! the tank in the photo was originally meant to be housing for the torts but i decided against it as certain things that i didnt like about it, as well as most of those being older photos in which the heat pad was never on. i cant imagine how many tortoise owners youve come across that have housed their torts incorrectly so i understand the concern and i appreciate you commenting about it!

Last edited:

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
no not at all, it was a temporary enclosure that we put him in when we clean his usual enclosure, he does not normally live like that! the tank in the photo was originally meant to be housing for the torts but i decided against it as certain things that i didnt like about it, as well as most of those being older photos in which the heat pad was never on. i cant imagine how many tortoise owners youve come across that have housed their torts incorrectly so i understand the concern and i appreciate you commenting about it!
Thank you for clarification! If you don't mind to share enclosures pictures I would love to see some for inspiration :)

enzotort

california
Thank you for clarification! If you don't mind to share enclosures pictures I would love to see some for inspiration :)
of course! ridley's getting a new enclosure so i can show you pictures of his temporary house and ill be happy to show you when we get the new tank. i am looking for advice though, what size tank would be the best fit for him? hes 5 inches length and a red footed tortoise so any recommended sizes or products?

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
of course! ridley's getting a new enclosure so i can show you pictures of his temporary house and ill be happy to show you when we get the new tank. i am looking for advice though, what size tank would be the best fit for him? hes 5 inches length and a red footed tortoise so any recommended sizes or products?
Please, don't be shocked. But a 5 inch tortoise need something around 30 sq.ft. Since redfoots need a highly humid environment the best options are PVC enclosures, hydroponic grow tents. Or raised garden beds with a greenhouse tent on top. Also, redfoots grow up much larger than 5 inches and will need larger enclosure. But this is only if you don't have a spacious outdoor pen for him available most time of the year.

enzotort

california
Please, don't be shocked. But a 5 inch tortoise need something around 30 sq.ft. Since redfoots need a highly humid environment the best options are PVC enclosures, hydroponic grow tents. Or raised garden beds with a greenhouse tent on top. Also, redfoots grow up much larger than 5 inches and will need larger enclosure. But this is only if you don't have a spacious outdoor pen for him available most time of the year.
thank you so much for the dimensions, that leaves a perfect area for his new home! im thinking about housing him outdoors but i might be able to find space inside! thank you :D