Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
For the last couple days Katy Kitty (tortoise-shell cat about 15 years old) has been just laying around and off her feed. Then yesterday I couldn't find her, but in the evening when I was walking over to shut the gate I saw her curled up against the fence in the desert tortoise pen. I went over and touched her and she wasn't dead, but sleeping very soundly. When I woke her up, she yowled at me. It's a really horrible sound. I gathered her up inside my jacket and brought her in the house. I have a house cat, so had to set Katy Kitty up in my closet.

Katy Kitty is my second favorite cat. I really love this cat. This a.m. she's still alive, but when I wake her up she YOWLS at me.

Sorry to bring the mood down. Just wanted to talk about it a bit. I'm sure she'll be gone by this evening. She's very weak. I think the yowl is because she's scared. She settles down when I stroke her.

I expected Bear-Boy to be the next one to go. He's the oldest, and is very thin and suffering kidney problems. Katy Kitty has seemed healthy right up to this episode.

Old age is the pits!

Yvonne

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Oh Yvonne *hugs*. This is one of those times when I wish words really could have the power to make things right..or atleast sooth some of the hurt. :( I know the sound of the cat's cry you mean. It's a sound unlike any other that they make towards the end. It's not going to comfort you much at this point, but recall how many years she has had. That now in her finial hours, she knows your there for her and she feels loved and safe. Okay, I need to stop now, because otherwise when Jeff gets back to the truck, he will find me with tears falling. So sorry Yvonne. *hugs*

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
My condolences, Yvonne. It sounds like she has had a good life with a loving friend and living with horses (just think of the hunting opportunities).

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Yvonne I am so sorry. I know how you feel. We had to put our old dog down recently, and I am still crying over it. Hugs..........

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thank you all for your kind words. She finally let go about a half hour ago. I'll miss that little kitty.

Yvonne

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Sorry to hear Yvonne..................

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Yvonne,
I am really sorry :(. She was very lucky because I am sure she had a wonderful life with you.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Yvonne, So sorry to hear of Katy Kittys passing and of Bear-Boy illness. I know at this time your heart is filled with saddness and sorrow. Please know we are all out here sending Hugs and love your way.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
hugs! She is at the Rainbow Bridge awaiting you.. then you can cross over together.. sometime YEARS from now!!

Jas2Cats

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I'm so sorry Yvonne~! It's so hard to go through. I'm having the yowling/not eating much problem with Fuzzy (15-16), and it's just a matter of time for her too.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Alyce: You have my sympathies. This is NOT an easy thing to go through with a loved pet. They seem so much more intelligent that "just an animal." I really hated to see her go, as I'm sure you are hating to see Fuzzy go. Its not just their suffering, but we'll miss them! I neglected to take any pictures of my Katy Kitty, and now its too late. Do you have a good picture of Fuzzy?

Yvonne

Jas2Cats

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi Yvonne, Yes, it's so hard to see them suffer. I'm taking Fuzzy to the Vets today to see if there's anything we can do to make her comfortable, as I don't see putting her through a lot of tests or treatments at her age. I don't want to cause her any more suffering.

This photo is from last year. She does not look comfortable, but, she loves to lay like this.
June012.jpg

The funny thing is that even though she's lost a lot of weight, she still looks fine and her fur is in great shape.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw! Isn't she pretty? And it looks like she knows it too.

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Alyce, sorry to hear Fuzzy is not doing well. She is a beautiful kitty. Hugs sent your way too Alyce.

Status
Not open for further replies.