my last rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
cvalda said:
Oh and I have to tell you all, this little fellow LOVES having his head rubbed sooooo much!!! He was sitting in his enclosure and I slowly put my hand in and started rubbing his head... he stuck it out and actually closed his eyes and just ate it up! He fell asleep with me rubbing his head! He is such a sweetheart, I just can't believe it!!!

Kelly...After I got my male Russian I took him in for a fecal. The vet was looking him over & asked if he could check something on his plastron...looked like dry flaky shell. He poked at it and pried up a piece to show me that under the hard shell was rotten smelly mush. He had to dremel drill about a 3" round area of his plastron. He flushed it out really well & gave me some Nolvasan to keep it clean. Had to keep him alone on paper towels for several months til it grew back. It is a little lighter color than the rest of it but it is all grown back hard like the rest. So, I am suggesting you might want to be sure there isn't anything rotten under the booboo! If the vet cleans back the edges it just might grow back to nearly normal!
He is adorable!! They have such great personalities don't they?
Patsy

Status
Not open for further replies.