My leopards

Clamhandsmcgee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
I'll keep everyone updated on my little guys. They really are pigs! They eat more than my sulcata and my red foots! These are the first leopards I've ever owned, and I'm enjoying caring for them. I do have a question, they appear to have started pyramiding, even though they live in a closed chamber enclosure with really high humidity. Has anyone else come across this with leopards? My sulcata and red foots are growing smooth. Thanks.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'll keep everyone updated on my little guys. They really are pigs! They eat more than my sulcata and my red foots! These are the first leopards I've ever owned, and I'm enjoying caring for them. I do have a question, they appear to have started pyramiding, even though they live in a closed chamber enclosure with really high humidity. Has anyone else come across this with leopards? My sulcata and red foots are growing smooth. Thanks.
Yes. Unfortunately, I think the babcocki leopards are harder to grow smooth. I raised mine that I hatched out myself with high humidity in the incubator and thru it's first two years. Soakings daily and in the younger days twice a day. The very top scutes still developed some pyramiding. I don't know why or what else I could have done. I only know it would have been much worse if I had not had the high humidity.

Clamhandsmcgee

5 Year Member
Tennessee
Yes. Unfortunately, I think the babcocki leopards are harder to grow smooth. I raised mine that I hatched out myself with high humidity in the incubator and thru it's first two years. Soakings daily and in the younger days twice a day. The very top scutes still developed some pyramiding. I don't know why or what else I could have done. I only know it would have been much worse if I had not had the high humidity.
Thank you, I was hoping that was the case.