My new addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texastort

10 Year Member!
Hi everyone! So I have for sure been bitten by the sulcata bug! I recently took in a 35lb male from a rescue in the Northwest. He hasn't been well taken care of but overall is healthy. I was told he was aggressive but he is actually a sweet heart, very calm and starting to eat out of my hand. Aside from trying to mount a 4 pound tortoise, he has transitioned well! Do you think his shell will ever smooth out or will he be like this the rest of his life? Everyone who has seen him says his shell is beautiful, but it's deformed and pyramided.

I am glad that I am able to give him a better life here in the texas sun!

Attachments

• IMG_0821.JPG
    IMG_0821.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0803.JPG
    IMG_0803.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 50

martinfre

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cologne, Germany
I'm happy to hear, that you will enable him a better life!
But I'm afraid that his shell will be like this :-(
I often read that shell deformation aren't able to "repair".

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Congrats on the new tort. He shell will not smooth out it may look a bit better as he grows but thats about it.

Texastort

10 Year Member!
dalano73 said:
Congrats on the new tort. He shell will not smooth out it may look a bit better as he grows but thats about it.

THanks! That's what I thought about the shell. I don't really care, I think he looks handsome, just curious. Do you all feed Mazuri? thinking about getting a big bag as a winter time staple. This big boy CAN EAT!

RuthieHurry

5 Year Member
Houston Area, Texas
He is so very handsome! For giggles, will you take a picture of the five of them together and post? Or PM me with one?! I totally want to see that!

Texastort

10 Year Member!
RuthieHurry said:
He is so very handsome! For giggles, will you take a picture of the five of them together and post? Or PM me with one?! I totally want to see that!

I will try! I don't keep them together but I will get them out for a photo op. How's Frankie???

RuthieHurry

5 Year Member
Houston Area, Texas
I will try! I don't keep them together but I will get them out for a photo op. How's Frankie???

[/quote]

Franky is fabulous. As are Camren and Stashu. Camren loves mud, Stashu loves water. Franky hates both mud and water. Weighed Camren and Stashu when we got home. Camren is 1.9lb and Stashu is 1.7. Captain and Galileo fitting in nicely?

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Very nice! I like how his shell is dark looking. I wonder how/why that is...

Status
Not open for further replies.