my new baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anastasia

5 Year Member
I have a new baby who I am told is a Greek tortoise! (There was some confusion differentiating him from the Hermann's at first, so hopefully he is the Greek! LOL!) I just got him today, and he's a tiny, young little one at 19 grams in weight right now. He ate as soon as I got him home, and had a long drink of water, and enjoyed soaking in his shallow water dish on his own. He is from a local reptile store, where there were Leopards, Russians, Sulcatas, Hermann's and Redfoots in the same enclosure with him. He seems like an energetic little guy so far! I've named him Stavi.

stavi01.jpg

stavi02.jpg

stavi03.jpg

Toristurtles

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NY
He is precious, and pet stores do get confused...but he/she is beautiful

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
No worry of confusion--your new tortoise is definitely a Greek tortoise, looks to be a purebred Ibera, Testududo (gracea) ibera. I'd love to see a plastron photo too if you don't mind posting one.

Anastasia

5 Year Member
Yay, glad to know what kind he is exactly!

Here's a tummy pic for you. Can you tell in this photo, around where his yolk sac was, it is kinda... funny. Wrinkly or like a scar. Do you see that?

stavi04.jpg

Anastasia

5 Year Member
bumping this up just because I think maybe the last photo posted may have been missed. Hoping someone can comment on the weird condition of the plastron around the "belly button" area (basically the black area where it's raised like two scars)

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
Anastasia said:
bumping this up just because I think maybe the last photo posted may have been missed. Hoping someone can comment on the weird condition of the plastron around the "belly button" area (basically the black area where it's raised like two scars)

hes cute how old did they say he/she was? might just be still fresh n needs time to flatten out?

Status
Not open for further replies.