My new closed chamber

BowDownBowser

Location (City and/or State)
Jacksonville, Florida
Here is the new closed chamber I built for my tortoise. It started as a shelf that went wrong because I'm by no means a carpenter. Haha. Hopefully my tortoise will use the ramp. I've seen plenty of other enclosures on here like that so I hope it works. I also decided to invest in a nursery humidifier to keep the humidity up I connected it with a washer hose from both ends so it humidifies the upper and lower level and sealed the connections with silicone sealant. I also sealed all of the corners with silicone to keep the heat and humidity in. I used a garage door weather strip cut in pieces to seal the door edges. So there it is. Now I'm just waiting for it to air out before putting in substrate and my tort.

Attachments

• 1405281450527.jpg
    1405281450527.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 1405281462377.jpg
    1405281462377.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 88

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's pretty cool looking, but I think too much ramp and not enough flat walking space. Is this being attached to another section with more flat space? Also not sure the ramp walls are high enough for it to not just fall over the side or end of that one ramp.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I was going to ask the same thing. Is this an addition for another closed chamber? How will you heat this? Does the tort spend anytime outdoors in the sun or will you need addition UVB indoors?

Good idea to put so many access doors for getting to you tort.

Elohi(Earth)

BowDownBowser

Jacksonville, Florida
As far as the ramp and the walls. He's only 3.5 scl inches right now I put him in after I built it and it seemed okay for his current size. I may have to change it later but I was using all things I already had. this is to last for about a year until we are in a new house. He gets outside quite often too. As far as heating and UV I still have all of the lights/heat emitter/hide/ every other accessory in the enclosure he is currently in. He can still use the entire bottom level to walk and the top level still has plenty of room.

BowDownBowser

Jacksonville, Florida
I also stained all of the wood before connecting it with Thompson's water seal to keep from molding and hopefully keep the humidity in the air not the wood.