My new red foot

Redfootryan

Location (City and/or State)
london
Hi fellow red foot owners,

Taken over looking over a friend's red foot and I'm not sure he's been doing a good job.

So far I have brought a UV light which it didn't have
Put in a new ceramic heater
Added a small pool for him to soak in
Built him a new hide

Our main concern is the enclosure he came in being to small. I'm happy to build him a new one but what size would people suggest IMG-20190202-WA0000.jpegIMG-20190206-WA0005.jpeg

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Hi fellow red foot owners,

Taken over looking over a friend's red foot and I'm not sure he's been doing a good job.

So far I have brought a UV light which it didn't have
Put in a new ceramic heater
Added a small pool for him to soak in
Built him a new hide

Our main concern is the enclosure he came in being to small. I'm happy to build him a new one but what size would people suggest View attachment 264232View attachment 264233
Hello.
An adult redfoot will require 4x8ft indoor enclosure and access to outdoors when weather permits. Your substrate wants to be coir with some orchid bark and or Cypress mulch on that. Temps want to be 27/31deg c with humidity 80%+. A bigger version of that enclosure will be fine.

Redfootryan

london
Hello.
An adult redfoot will require 4x8ft indoor enclosure and access to outdoors when weather permits. Your substrate wants to be coir with some orchid bark and or Cypress mulch on that. Temps want to be 27/31deg c with humidity 80%+. A bigger version of that enclosure will be fine.
Thanks for your reply. Confirmed what I was already thinking more space will be needed!!
We are planning to change the substrate soon but didn't want too many changes at once and stress the little guy out too much