My new RT

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
I've finally watched this now I'm at home and not using up my phone's data allowance, I've had a busy day!

He's lovely :)

I'd get a few stones in their for him to scramble over and maybe add a plant or two for him to nibble on/

sportychick

5 Year Member
Thanks :D Yes I plan on getting the cuddlebone and some other things to get him working lol.. he is very active as u see. He looks bigger on they video as I'm close up bad using my phone for the video filming.

Dies his shell look OK? I was looking at some shells that are pyramiding and I don't want this to happen it is bad. His shell looks lifted a bit in the back but I think that is normal :) God I should stop reading lol

sportychick

5 Year Member
Hehe oops btw I realized its called a cuttlefish haha going to get it tomorrow. And can I use any stone from outside for his tank to stumble across?

sportychick

5 Year Member
I'm going to he getting flat stones for him to scramble across and lay.on :) I pray he looks OK and is dong well..

sportychick

5 Year Member
Thank you!! Thank god lol.. I need to stop reading about it.now unless u notice changes to it... I have him in a bigger box right now that is on my balcony half shaded and half sun. So he's getting the sun. He's been up and out of hid since 630 walking eating and basking its.now 10 and hes still moving around :D glad all seems to be looking well now

sportychick

5 Year Member
Is it normal for.a.lazy day from a tiny tort? He got up was walking around a bit ate food went to the bathroom. Basked for while and now gone half into his hide and its only half a day gone by. Keeping in mind that its a cloudy cooler day then its been since I got him

yoda3106

5 Year Member
Mega lol ill post some tommorow so you can see how ours sleep :) very cute!! Lol

sportychick

5 Year Member
I just.love the way he passed out. Its cute... awesome can't wait to see urs

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
He looks good no pyramiding as for age it is hard to tell my 3 WC russians are all older ones except for my female. I would hazard a guess at 1 to 2 years based on how he looks in your hand, But age is impossible to tell without a hatch date. I wouldn't worry to much about his age though, just relax and enjoy him.

sportychick

5 Year Member
Yeah I have a pic here of him in my sons hand also.. son is 4. So its hard to tell.. but if he is.between 1-2 I guess that's good as he seems healthy and he shouldn't be as hard as a hatchling to care for :)
I am enjoying him..as is my son. He's a big help in feeding crusher :D

sportychick

5 Year Member
Breakfast yay :D

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj569/sportychick27/IMG_20120505_074734.jpg

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj569/sportychick27/IMG_20120505_074737.jpg

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj569/sportychick27/IMG_20120505_074916.jpg

This morning he was fed peppers,dandelions flower and leaves and rose leaves. He seemed really interested in the pepper but frustrated at the same time having to bite and pull and fight to get it lol. Since I didn't make it small enough for a single bite :D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
A very cute sleepy tort. I really wouldn't stress about a few sleepy days. Make sure you soak him to keep him hydrated and double check the temperatures in your viv (warm end, cool end, basking and overnight min).

As outside temps change seasonally, it can affect the temps in your viv without you realising

sportychick

5 Year Member
Will do. Today he was up for about 5 hrs ate walked basked.. he is outside on the balcony in a bigger space enjoying the sun. He is in his hide which is.in shade sleeping b ut I'm going.to leave him there for awhile to enjoy the breezes and sunshine.....
He enjoyed his food today :)

How's ur tort doing?

sportychick

5 Year Member
Leaving him out there was great he always.kept coming out from his hide to browse around... went to his water but quickly ran from that lol. Hoping that he starts to go soak on his own soon :) he did not go into his hide for bed until 6 this evening :D at the end of the week coming we are going to be getting him a bigger space!!! And adding the stones as mentioned! I can't wait! I bet he will love it

Status
Not open for further replies.